Technical Raised consumption on Fiat Panda 2007

Currently reading:
Technical Raised consumption on Fiat Panda 2007

Laios

Hi new to forum I found this forum searching for any help in my problem.I have a raised consumption on Fiat Panda year 2007 . The cars computer says 10l/100km but my calculations state 11-11.5 l/100km Get it to service the technician suggested to change Lambda sensors which I did. Nothing changed same consumption.Any suggestions what else do I have to check any help highly appreciated

Display in car fuel consumption is not 100% accurate.
From the information you provided I doubt there is a problem with your car.

Normal consumption should be around 6-7 lt I calculated the consumption on every filling with litres and kilometres

We don't have enough information to give you any advise yet,

We don't even know if it's a engine problem, or rolling resistance problem

Or none existence, different driving, new road works, different traffic conditions and so on

How long have you had the the car

Which engine

Long term, fuel trims, reading

What is the temperature gauge reading, how long does it take to get to temperature

What is the outside temperature

What are the tyre pressures

Do any of the the wheels feel are smell hotter than the others

Does the exhaust smell of fuel

Is there any smoke out of the exhaust

Does the exhaust, sound smooth is there's slight ticking noise

Is there any loss in performance

Colour of the plugs

O2 sensor pre and post catalytic voltages

Inlet manifold pressure

Fuel leak

Roof box, Aircon and many

Last edited:
This may not be relevant to this problem but I noticed the other day when there was a cold snap that my cranking was slow resulting in the clock loosing its time and also the MPG went back to zero, at one stage I noticed that the car was doing 27 MPG but on further checking it was climbing back up to it's normal figure which in the winter is about 46.
Food for thought.

Normal consumption should be around 6-7 lt I calculated the consumption on every filling with litres and kilometres
Normal consumption should be.....6-7lt 100kms where are you getting those figures from?
Where do you drive? Always in city? Always on clear fast roads? Mountains? Flat land?
Only short journeys? 8kms to work 8kms home? Or long journeys 50kms in one go ?

well I don’t know if I can supply all that info , my wife drives it only city and short distances but every day almost all the day. Last year had a temperature problem I changed ventilator and then radiator . The only other noticable problem is a small but continuous oil loss . Brakes plates have changed recently nothing else have been noticed as a problem . It is understood that city driving is always more consumption hungry but here is almost 2x as for the numbers 6-7 litres simply the official numbers supplied whenever you search around web wikis etc ah it hasn’t many kilometres about 56000 as it is rare travel long distances

Back