General Is the 1.4 same as the 1.2?

Currently reading:
General Is the 1.4 same as the 1.2?

TheFlyingFiat1986

The 500 1.4 100 sport that I have, are they the same engine block as the 1.2?
Because, I want to buy a performance exhaust manifold to gain 13bhp with 10bhp more by remap total round 120-125 bhp, but it is only for 1.2, I went to have a look on my spare Fiat Panda soon will be sold the 1.2 engine it looks the same exhaust manifold as the 1.4

I can't be sure?

Thanks.

As far as I am aware the block is the same but bored out from 1242cc to 1368cc, the heads are different as it could be either 8v or 16v, also the 8v has a steel sump whereas the 16v has a completely different alloy sump setup & I think the 1.4 has a slightly bigger throttle body

Last edited:
The 500 1.4 100 sport that I have, are they the same engine block as the 1.2?
Because, I want to buy a performance exhaust manifold to gain 13bhp with 10bhp more by remap total round 120-125 bhp, but it is only for 1.2, I went to have a look on my spare Fiat Panda soon will be sold the 1.2 engine it looks the same exhaust manifold as the 1.4

I can't be sure?

Thanks.
It would be highly dubious that a exhaust manifold could gain 13 hp on a small engine like this especially while still remaining road legal

People normally gain less then that on larger more powerful engines especially without removing the cat converter (which is illegal in most places thankfully)

Back