Technical Is my clutch going? or am I just nutts?

Currently reading:
Technical Is my clutch going? or am I just nutts?

Carvirgin

I really need the help guys, I've had this GP 2006 for about 2 months now, the problem is that when I change gear I have to lift the clutch up so slowly otherwise I will get a jolt which is so big that I thought I stalled the car in 3rd :p haha. Another example of problems I have is when going down to 2nd to turn a corner, I was going 15mph changed to second, lifted my clutch with a little gas and my car still jolted with aftershocks :/ Please help! do I need a hew clutch or do I have awful driving technique!

Yeah it does, I just find that I have to lift the clutch so slowly for a smooth drive. Any ideas? or is it just my driving? if it is my driving, do you have any tips?

Booked it in at the garage tomorrow morning, im under extended warranty so hopefully they'll sort it. Thanks for the replies

Interested to see what mount actually causes this.

I suffer from this too, it can be eased by driving like a nun heh.

The mounts aren't covered by my 3rd party warranty though. :(

Interested to see what mount actually causes this.

I suffer from this too, it can be eased by driving like a nun heh.

The mounts aren't covered by my 3rd party warranty though. :(

Rear Gear Box mount, if you change gear and its a jerk and a loud knocking sound that is similar to what im thinking off then it should be that mount which is allowing the engine to rock back and fourth :p ive experienced this twice, far as i know its common

Last edited:
Yep, that will be it. How much is the mount and labour to fit it?

EDIT: Also can't believe this is another part to go! It's only just 4 years old and only done 26k.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Got the car booked in for tomorrow, cost £25 for the part, but how many hours labour did the mount take to change? The garage I've booked it in to hasn't done it before, so don't want to get hammered with a bs amount of hours because they're pissing about trying to find out how to do it.

Cheers.

why don't you ask a dealer how long it takes ,then tell the garage you are using how long fiat take .and that;s how long they should charge ..why should you pay for their learning curve ...it's up to them to take the hit for the extra time ....

Only charged an hour. Changing the gearbox mount definitely solved the jerkyness, the car feels a lot nicer to drive now, no jerking on the upshift, no jerking on the downshift, no jerking coming down from revs, it's great.

However, the knock hasn't been resolved, and it was pointed out to me the bottom ball joint is finished. ARGH. When will it end?!

Back