General How many 'his and hers' 500's out there?

Currently reading:
General How many 'his and hers' 500's out there?

The Twins

Established member
As a lot of you already know, both me and my Mrs have 500's
Ruth got 500 Lounge 1.2 first. I was so impressed that I got rid of my 'luxury' car and bought a Twinair. Never looked back. We do take a lot of jibes from our friends for having 'his and hers' 500s though.
Just noticed that jamesdeanuk and his Mrs both have a 500 too.
How many others out there have 'twins'? ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1379333806.311195.jpg

Last edited:
My OH Had a 500 1.2 Pop and I later traded in a Merc. C class sport for a TA Lounge. OH traded up to a 500 1.2 Lounge and I traded up for an A500. No regrets on any of the purchases. I appreciate what you say about comments being made to a male driver. Now I have the A500 it surprises me how many people want to chat to you about the car.

Older types who think it's a Fiat 500 but cannot come to terms with the Abarth badging.

The younger age group who know their stuff and just want to have a look see and talk about performance.

I am giving my 500 to my wife when I get my 595 so we will have 2. (even though one is technically a 595 and not a 500)

I am giving my 500 to my wife when I get my 595 so we will have 2. (even though one is technically a 595 and not a 500)

That qualifies, technically it's still a 500
; )
I'm only saying that cos I'm jealous tho lol

That qualifies, technically it's still a 500
; )
I'm only saying that cos I'm jealous tho lol

I may be selling my standard Abarth seats that are in my 500 if you are interested.

We hope to join you in the his and hers 500 club. I got my red 500S twin air last Wednesday and my wife got her red Lounge twin air last Monday. Both brand new cars but sadly my wife's Lounge is back at the dealers for a second time due to a fault. She has only managed a few minutes driving before the clutch pedal sticks to the floor leaving the gearbox in neutral. Got it back on Friday afternoon but the same thing happened on Saturday morning....not happy!!!!

We would have his and hers if we could afford it! Husband eyes up the Abarths every time we go into the dealers.

We would have had two 500's if there was a 500 4x4. We now have a 500 lounge TA and a new panda 4x4.

Sorry to hear. Hope they get it sorted quickly for you.

Not quite His 'n' Hers but
Mother and daughter
500c Pop
500 Lounge

Pinns

My wife and I have a 500 each. I've had my 1.2 Sport for 5 years now and we've been so impressed that my wife bought a TA Street last year. It's amazed us that we an get by with 500s but they really are amazing little cars.

By this time tomorrow, when SWMBO picks up hers, we'll also have a pair - mine, a black manual 500C Lounge TwinAir and hers, a white (with red roof) auto 500C Pop 1.2. I was hoping she'd fancy the Sport but the dark, cave-like interior put her off...

Cross me off this list, the wife had a drive of my 500 and decided that she liked her 100hp panda more (I don't blame her) so my 500 is being part exchanged.

Back