Technical hello!

Currently reading:
Technical hello!

Indeed well done!

I notice you are looking to drop it.. are you changing springs and shocks or just the springs? I very recently gave my tipo a new stance - looks so much better when wheels look like they fit inside the arches!

As a point of maintenance - check out the rear passenger doors where the strip between fixed glass and sliding glass meets the door panel. Tipo's will try to turn to dust from this point out if you let them! Get it silicone sprayed and check for any scratches. I have posted a few other mods you can do very easily to a tipo and hope they will be of use to you!

Hellcat said:
Indeed well done!

I notice you are looking to drop it.. are you changing springs and shocks or just the springs? I very recently gave my tipo a new stance - looks so much better when wheels look like they fit inside the arches!

How did you get the wheels inside the Arches?

I got a 35mm Eibach drop and I still want the bugger lower.

Thats on 15" and Koni Shocks too :(

The rear wheel arhches on Tipos are so odd/strange/large like.

My front Shocks were £175 Each :eek:

and the rears £150 each :eek: :eek:

The fronts are Adjustable though and I does stick to the floor like Glue.

Did you have to get bump stops with your Springs at 40mm? I heard you do or you may bottom out. Koni told me so while I was on the phone to them ages ago.

I think you would have pushed the sump up into the crankshaft before you bottom out the shocks!

I fitted the original foam parts - not sure it they are supposed to be some kind of bump stop or simply a way to keep the dirt and grime off.. No problems with bottoming out as I'm not taking the diesel over any big bumps - dont fancy banana-ing the car :D

My GF's father has a Sedicivalvole which he has recently changed the shocks (and lower arms) for Koni adjustable. Its still riding the original height since he had only a matter of months before bought brand new springs. He's currently saving up for a pair of rear ones.

we dont have alot of tipo owners then do we ;)

tranceman... diference between the mk1 and 2 is mainly the frontend.. lights and grill are different, the interior is completly different too. different door cards inside etc. thats it otherwise (poss diff dials aswell etc.)

i were planning on getting a full suspention kit rather than just springs. probably going for the blisten streetline kit (-40) as ive used blisten before and never had any complaints. comes in at around £240. if anywhere knows cheaper, let me know :)

btw. does anyone know anywhere I can get simple mods (dont really wanna take this engine apart) for the 1.4? seems that theres nothing really specific for it. I can get an exhaust (sebring) but as far as induction kits go, i can only find replacement filters! no actual kit to replace the original. any suggestions? how about superchips? are there any for the 1.4? i realise its the same engine as the Uno70 but there doesnt seem to be anything really for that aswell :(

Could go for a K&N 57i Induction kit with silicone hoses to take from the throttle body to the filter. Can't quite remember what the throttle housing looks like on a 1.4 however there should be plenty of space to fit an induction kit.

If there isn't a 57i specified for the car you could probably get one for a bigger car and use adapters to get it to the throttle body diameter.

I got a K&N Induction Kit on there, make sure you adjust the Fuel Mixture ratio after you install it or all you'll get is a nice sound and lots of Lag, a tune up will give you boost and a nice sound (y)

www.motorsportworld.co.uk do a varity of itwms for the Tipo, also try www.needforspeed.co.uk but beware of some extortionate prices on there.

Always check to see if motorsportworld got it cheaper :)

The difference between the pre and post 93 models is more than just appearance! Yeah there's the obvious like the front lamps and grilles, and the different looking speaker grilles on the dash and the slightly different dials. They also have side impact protection beams in the later ones, there were modifications to the brakes, the front wishbones are different slightly also. Basically the car was given quite a re-work, but the grille and lamps are about the only outwardly apparent changes

Oh and by the way, if you ever have to change the front wishbones, and the bolts are totally seized onto the subframes, think very carefully before grinding the heads off them expecting to pull the bush carriers straight out - see my other post 'My wishbone nightmare from hell' :bang:

Back