Technical Heater working too well.

Currently reading:
Technical Heater working too well.

So I removed the heater control panel to change the bulbs as they had blown. Simples.

However, despite thinking the knobs were all in their correct places, especially as the Dacia went in quite nicely, the cold-hot button,had clearly moved. This fact was discovered when I re-tested the thing and I realised it was blowing out freezing air even when I turned the dial to hot. Hmmmmm

I took the front panel off again, only to find that the actual units prong that sits inside the dial, was in fact no longer protruding out of its casing, but sitting inside. Bugger!

Long nosed pliers, soon sorted the issue and with a gentle tug and a twist and wibble the prong once again popped out ready to accept the dial. Phew.

I popped the heater facia back on, and now….. no matter where the dial is (hot or cold) it’s blowing out hot air.🤷‍♀️

You just can’t write it.

So I changed the bulbs myself to save time and money…..but now it’s going to cost me a trip to the garage anyhow. Sake

I don't know what setup the 500 has; cables or rods or both... but i could be that pressing the knob onto the spindle "a bit awkward" could have detached a rod or cable from the flap that closes when you want cold, so it may be just a case of accessing it (you may have to bribe your neighbour's 6yo kid to climb in there and do it) and then popping whatever is detached back on.

Ralf S.

Check around the passenger foot well newr the central console you should be able to see the other end of the heater cables

See if it's moving correctly when somebody operates the knobs

Back