Technical Heater matrix

Currently reading:
Technical Heater matrix

Row1

Hi
Have come badly unstuck replacing the heater matrix on a 2014 Fiat 500.
Took old matrix out leaving the pipes in place.
On putting the new matrix onto the pipes with the new o-ring and new yellow clips it will not seal. The yellow clips will not fit into the flange on the tube to make a seal. They clip together but not in right place. The coolant floods out now.
It seems impossible, wondered if anyone has managed to replace heater matrix on a Fiat 500?
Many thanks

Welcome
The new matrix normally comes with new plastic pipes to the bulkhead, our older 09 car didn't have any yellow clips if possible can you post a picture, I've just looked you can buy the matrix on its own this is probably unwise as it may not seal?
This is similar to the one I used, I still applied a bit of sealer just in case. That was 2017 still good

Attachments

• 20170320_133243.jpg
    20170320_133243.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi
Have come badly unstuck replacing the heater matrix on a 2014 Fiat 500.
Took old matrix out leaving the pipes in place.
On putting the new matrix onto the pipes with the new o-ring and new yellow clips it will not seal. The yellow clips will not fit into the flange on the tube to make a seal. They clip together but not in right place. The coolant floods out now.
It seems impossible, wondered if anyone has managed to replace heater matrix on a Fiat 500?
Many thanks

I did mine, and built a GUIDE

Are you saying you are using mismatched parts.. The holes don't line up..?

I had a failed matrix, but others have had the plastic manifold fail

Hi
Thank you for reply.
No all are matching, bought new matrix and the fixing kit that included the clips and o-rings (together with pipes that we didnt need) direct from Fiat.
All are identical to what came off but the yellow clips will not fit into the flange of the pipes/new matrix to make a seal. They click shut ok but will not pull the pipe and matrix up tight enough.
Tried everything!

The new pipes are identical to those on there, these yellow clips click shut so seem ok but will not sit in right place.

Clip only fits one way but is not room to get the matrix and pipe in groove.
Old heater matrix but hopefully shows problem.

Attachments

• 20240413_100111.jpg
    20240413_100111.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240413_095914.jpg
    20240413_095914.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Will do but then won't seal. Thank you so much for trying, really seems impossible with this set up!

Back