Technical Headlamp bulb upgrade for 2023 Panda Cross

Currently reading:
Technical Headlamp bulb upgrade for 2023 Panda Cross

LMG

Can someone tell me whether I need H4 or H7 bulbs to upgrade my headlamp bulbs in my Panda Cross 2023 please?
Any recommendations for durable bulbs would also be good. Thanks.

Can someone tell me whether I need H4 or H7 bulbs to upgrade my headlamp bulbs in my Panda Cross 2023 please?
Any recommendations for durable bulbs would also be good. Thanks.
Osram Nightbreakers seem to be the choice...plenty of threads about this...How long they last, I know not, but am thinking about upgrading my Panda lounge.

Reactions: LMG
Osram Nightbreakers seem to be the choice...plenty of threads about this...How long they last, I know not, but am thinking about upgrading my Panda lounge.
One set 5 years in. The other one failed bulb after headlight was changed so removed at 5 years. These are both supposed to be +30% brightness.

Does anyone have experience of the various intensities of Osram nightbreakers. There now seems to be the nightbreaker 200, laser and silver. A number of reviews on the 200s mention the very short lifespan.

Yes, a bit fiddly, but easier than many, for sure!

Read the manual (not because I'm being sarcastic, but because it's genuinely useful for this fitment as there's a little push down I wasn't doing!)

Thanks, these boys?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks, these boys?

These ones are what I have. On offer at ECP for £18.50 at the time.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

These ones are what I have. On offer at ECP for £18.50 at the time.

Just ordered, thanks, also bought a couple of other things :cool:

I have 150% brighter bulbs in mine, which I think were a Halfords own label… been there many years (car five and a half years old, and bulbs may have been moved from its predecessor when written off by an accident). I drive a lot at night and always turn on in rain too.
A comment about 150% brighter… brighter than what? The small print says (words to the effect of) brighter than the minimum described in the specification for a standard bulb. But do car makers fit bulbs that are better than that in the first place. Certainly brighter, but more than double? Not sure.

I have 150% brighter bulbs in mine, which I think were a Halfords own label… been there many years (car five and a half years old, and bulbs may have been moved from its predecessor when written off by an accident). I drive a lot at night and always turn on in rain too.
A comment about 150% brighter… brighter than what? The small print says (words to the effect of) brighter than the minimum described in the specification for a standard bulb. But do car makers fit bulbs that are better than that in the first place. Certainly brighter, but more than double? Not sure.
A live glow worm then.... A rule of thumb is the brighter you go the shorter relative life you get. Just a function of how hot they get. Always fit two new ones or two previously used. One bulb can fail causing a spike hat stresses the other. I usually remove a pait or replace with a previous used bulb. Thiis seems to work..

I can vouch for the Philips Xtreme vision 130%, I fitted these to my Panda about 4/5 years ago as the originals factory fitted Osram bulbs were terrible, not much better than Classic Mini lights 😂, these were a huge improvement & are still working fine to this day
Thanks for your info, would these be as good in my Panda Cross, as I found them on offer?
1 x PHILIPS H4 X-treme Vision G-Force Twin Car Headlight Bulb +130%

Back