General Got my Orange MJ

Currently reading:
General Got my Orange MJ

shortie

Got my orange MJ yesterday and i'm well chuffed. I'm very happy about its extras. I don't think I would off bothered with the sunroof but it is nice to drive with the elements just above you, if a little noisey. Aircon is very effective. You freeze in seconds :D The sliding rear seat will come in very handy. I wasn't expecting electric mirrors so that was a lovely surprise and the stereo isn't that bad.

I've read people on here mention that they aren't happy with their fuel economy. So far the 60 odd miles that I have done, i'm more that impressed. Got about 60-65mpg in town and 50-55 at 60-80mph ish.

My only criticism is that the suspension could be a bit firmer on corners and roundabouts and the seats aren't comfy for my broken back (not an issue though as i suffered with that on my seicento and most other cars that I have driven and have made up a hard board thingy).

One thing I want to ask you folk is:

Was your new Panda coated with an under seal underneath your car (black guwie stuff)? Mine is bone dry.

Attachments

• DSC01394.JPG
    DSC01394.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
One thing I want to ask you folk is:

Was your new Panda coated with an under seal underneath your car (black guwie stuff)? Mine is bone dry.

Nice ride! (y)

Pretty sure my 100hp is dry underneath....I don't think they underseal cars with modern galvanised bodies, but I may be wrong?

Thank you sir!

The reason why i'm asking is because the underside looks like it has a rough paper based finish on it. I know that sounds weird but thats what the texture felt like. I'm sure its meant to be like that though! :confused:

That is a top colour Shortie, just a shame FIAT are penny-pinching now by not blacking the B-pillar, but I'm sure that won't put you off! The mpg figures you gave sound pretty good if it's a brand new car with a factory-tight engine.

Yeah that sounds like the waxoyl stuff. It's possible to buy a tin of it and glob it on yourself, but as mentioned above, I'm not sure if it's standard practice these days on all modern cars....

Chris

I thought about having the orange but had blue in the end (glad I did - it looks gorgeous when it's clean)

Looks good with the alloys and roof rails.
It looks odd with the body coloured B-Post - i'd get that covered up.

Only the 100HP, 4X4 and Eleganza get the black posts now.

I would'nt be surprised if the lack of black posts is a time thing as they are stick on vinyl. The factory is having to churn out 500s, Pandas, and in a couple of weeks or so the Ford Ka. They have to cut corners somewhere.

Love the colour which is just as well because I've got one on order. Still waiting -ordered in Feb!
I think the centre pillar can have black vinyl added on. At least I hope so because that's what I'm planning to do!

My only criticism is that the suspension could be a bit firmer on corners and roundabouts

I found that with mine when i first got it. The suspension was "Bouncy" but after 4500 miles it seems to have settled down and corners and roundabouts can be taken with confidence (y)

That is a top colour Shortie, just a shame FIAT are penny-pinching now by not blacking the B-pillar, but I'm sure that won't put you off! The mpg figures you gave sound pretty good if it's a brand new car with a factory-tight engine.

Thank you. I love the colour. The sun was out yesterday and it looked beautiful. Undecided whether to get black posts yet. It does look better. Someone on this forum said it costs about 40 quid. gonna look into that.

Yeah that sounds like the waxoyl stuff. It's possible to buy a tin of it and glob it on yourself, but as mentioned above, I'm not sure if it's standard practice these days on all modern cars....

Chris

If its not standard practice i'm not gonna worry.

I love the colour. I thought it was only the GP which you could get in Orange. I love Orange:D.

Hope you have many years of trouble free driving with it.

Jon.

P.s. you got any more pics?(y)

Thank you. I'll get some on here soon.

Only the 100HP, 4X4 and Eleganza get the black posts now.

Not fair. I'm thinking of getting the alloys powder coated a dark colour. Need to look into it.

Love the colour which is just as well because I've got one on order. Still waiting -ordered in Feb!
I think the centre pillar can have black vinyl added on. At least I hope so because that's what I'm planning to do!

You'll love the colour! So worth the wait. For a cheap car to buy, its well put together, feels more expensive than it is and keep surprising me with hidden toys.

I found that with mine when i first got it. The suspension was "Bouncy" but after 4500 miles it seems to have settled down and corners and roundabouts can be taken with confidence (y)

Roll on 4500 miles. Trying very hard to keep it below 3000rpm, but i can feel the little turbo wanting to play.

Thank you. I love the colour. The sun was out yesterday and it looked beautiful. Undecided whether to get black posts yet. It does look better. Someone on this forum said it costs about 40 quid. gonna look into that.

If its not standard practice i'm not gonna worry.

Thank you. I'll get some on here soon.

Not fair. I'm thinking of getting the alloys powder coated a dark colour. Need to look into it.

I'd be interested to see the results - my Panda Eleganza's alloys would look good darker although I'd like some 100HP alloys

my Panda Eleganza's alloys would look good darker although I'd like some 100HP alloys

I think you'd have to get the car lowered with the 100hp alloys. The car stance might look to tall. I think mine could do with lowering but i'll leave it until the warranty ends.

Back