General fuel pump relay

Currently reading:
General fuel pump relay

Blue and white wires then? You seem to be having the same issues as mine has just started to do misfire at idle and throughout the entire range mines running on 2 cyl hopefully the end of these issues is near and we can actually enjoy them

The 1 on block is for the gauge, the 1 I have problem with is in the inlet manifold has a black wire & a green & white wire

did the alt pulley and ECU come off the same auto?

your timing is probably out try and borrow a stobe and tippex

at idle the spark should be close to tdc

it should advance on bipping throttle

alternatives are code reader

but is your ECU light on or off or intermittent

your timing is probably out try and borrow a stobe and tippex

at idle the spark should be close to tdc

it should advance on bipping throttle

alternatives are code reader

but is your ECU light on or off or intermittent

Its a 16v, we have a timing tool. Doesn't go by TDC, there is no mark for the cam or the crank pulley.

Hi

you first tippex tdc on the crank and crank case
knitting needle in plug hole

then you fire the strobe off plug one

cause the ECU uses the timing to control tick over speed you don't get a stationary reading but it is way early or way late you know the pulley and ECU are not compatible

PM postal if you want I'll try and find strobe and tippex im other end of bypass but auto is in pieces may be mobile tomorrow

Hi

you first tippex tdc on the crank and crank case
knitting needle in plug hole

then you fire the strobe off plug one

cause the ECU uses the timing to control tick over speed you don't get a stationary reading but it is way early or way late you know the pulley and ECU are not compatible

PM postal if you want I'll try and find strobe and tippex im other end of bypass but auto is in pieces may be mobile tomorrow

Why when he got timing tool. And Fiat states that you should using the timing tool. And with the timing tool, timing is done setting at MDC not TDC.

Ming

unless you are sure that the ECU and pulley came from the same auto the ignition may be way out

id agree with fingers but would validate ignition was ok and compression was ok before lifting the head, there was a problem with head bolts earlier as well

But the timing tool can't tell you anything about the ignition timing.

To my mind, the symptoms are of bad timing, head gasket, or bent valve.

All the 1.4 16v running the 1.2 16v are having similar issue that:

- Splutter at idle
- Hesitations between 2-3k

If they are the only symptoms, we all just need to find somewhere that can remap it.

And i am sure he is running 1.2 16v ecu and crank pulley. Cam pulley is the same regardless, is not key like the 8v.

Ming

All the 1.4 16v running the 1.2 16v are having similar issue that:

- Splutter at idle
- Hesitations between 2-3k

If they are the only symptoms, we all just need to find somewhere that can remap it.

And i am sure he is running 1.2 16v ecu and crank pulley. Cam pulley is the same regardless, is not key like the 8v.

Ming

It seems mis fire on idel, yes using the 1.2 16v ecu & crank pulley

Back