General fuel pump relay

Currently reading:
General fuel pump relay

Just remember to unplug the immo box if you have any, bacause the borrower will not be happy getting a coded ECU back (y)

That's the 1 under steering column? Little Black Box?

Believe it or not, I've never seen the immo-box. But yes, it is somewhere there and the ECU cannot be connected to it when it is powered up as it will immediatelly code itself to that box.

this is the the code box (y)

20130621_215853.jpg

Thinking to myself that would the earth down bottom of engine block cause the ecu to go wrong if wasn't done up tight enough? As I asked someone with small hands to do it up as couldn't get to it & then when did head gasket found was loose tightened up so now tight & having these problems

Can't see it being that.

It does sound like a timing issue of some description to me. Maybe two seperate issues?

Back to basics. For an engine to run, it must have fuel, compression and spark, and they must occur at the right time.

Take absolutely nothing for granted. (But compression and timing are easy peasy to test.)

Last edited:
are all four of your plugs ok now? if not you need to sort that first

ok that is good id borrow a strobe and tippex the alt pully and casing and check timing is close to tdc at tick over and advances as you rev

the ecu needs the matching pully it should cope with different inlets or injectors

Thinking to myself that would the earth down bottom of engine block cause the ecu to go wrong if wasn't done up tight enough? As I asked someone with small hands to do it up as couldn't get to it & then when did head gasket found was loose tightened up so now tight & having these problems

Go tighten that up! Am not sure what that does, but without it bolted down car won't run.

Ming

Im thinking throttle position sensor? As unplugged it & took off tb went up & down road & revs didn't die out & seemed have power back, plugged back in but not on tb wemt down raod & revs di out

It's worth a pop. Unfortunately I've no windows box here to look at the manual, but there may be some nominal values in there you could test against. Should be a resistor, but some increase in a linear manner, some in a non linear (that is, it's not a straightforward X ohms for X degrees, but there's some multiplier added in). (Dreadful explanation, but I've just recovered from a Czech Zabava!)

I've never tried running a car without some sort of TPS.

Righttttt after a long time messing about with all sensors & taking up road to see what not working & what isn't, its the temp sensor which ive now changed 2 times its a 2 pin blue connection, iirc didnt have to chop & solder into d4?

Im thinking throttle position sensor? As unplugged it & took off tb went up & down road & revs didn't die out & seemed have power back, plugged back in but not on tb wemt down raod & revs di out

The TPS screws need the locking agent replaced?
The ECU may have entered LOS mode was the ECU light on?

Back