Technical fuel pressure regulator valve location . ducato 2.0jtd 2004

Currently reading:
Technical fuel pressure regulator valve location . ducato 2.0jtd 2004

storminheaven

hi there .. been having issues with my old 2004 2.0jtd ducato box van .. i think the fuel pressure valve might be on the way out .. black smoke , hestitating , smell of burning oil .. cant afford to take it to a garage at the minute and need the van for work , the actual part isnt expensive but are they easy to replace ? ive already replaced the fuel filter cause these issues started after i nearly ran out of fuel twice and just got the fuel station so i thought maybe some gunk got in the filter ...ive put in 4 lots of injector cleaner but still no real difference ... ive had a look and i cant even see where its located but i would give it a go as ive done a few jobs with success just by following youtube videos!! the part just looks like i would need to remove 2 bolts and a electrical connector but is it the sort of job i should attempt or im thinking maybe just cut my losses and sell for a lower price .. if someone could tell me where its is as i cant find much on google or youtube vids showing replacement of the valve ... any feedback would be great .. thanks

thanks for responding but arent they 2 different parts? the symptoms ive got are listed for fuel pressure regulator switch ...
Just an idea as a blocked EGR valve causes black smoke and hesitation. If it started directly after running low on fuel though it’s probably not. As i said, just an idea 🙂

Just an idea as a blocked EGR valve causes black smoke and hesitation. If it started directly after running low on fuel though it’s probably not. As i said, just an idea 🙂
could of just been a coincidence i suppose and the nearly running out of fuel, a couple of times, had nothing to do with the issue but im pretty sure the hesitating started not long after running low and it hestitated like that just before i made it to the esso garage , it actually comes and goes the hesitation and it was pretty mild anyway but as i was driving along today i revved the engine with the clutch down to check for smoke and noticed blasts of black smoke , it wasnt like that when i got it 2 months ago , did it some more thinking maybe it needed a bit of clear out if the previous owner had never really opened up being a diesel and that and a fair bit black smoke came out each blast , then the hesitation got worse, got home and when i went out soon after the engine light came on and theres more hestitating and loss of power now but the engine light has gone... its weird cause it starts first time every time .,. its only done 80k and its 20 years old .. body work good condition.. would be a shame to have to sell it for peanuts.... would replacing the egr valve be easy or expensive at a garage ? thanks

ive just looked online , i recognize the part its right at the top of the engine bay ? and i would imagine its pretty easy to replace and at £45 its worth a try yeah ?

hi there .. been having issues with my old 2004 2.0jtd ducato box van .. i think the fuel pressure valve might be on the way out .. black smoke , hestitating , smell of burning oil .. cant afford to take it to a garage at the minute and need the van for work , the actual part isnt expensive but are they easy to replace ? ive already replaced the fuel filter cause these issues started after i nearly ran out of fuel twice and just got the fuel station so i thought maybe some gunk got in the filter ...ive put in 4 lots of injector cleaner but still no real difference ... ive had a look and i cant even see where its located but i would give it a go as ive done a few jobs with success just by following youtube videos!! the part just looks like i would need to remove 2 bolts and a electrical connector but is it the sort of job i should attempt or im thinking maybe just cut my losses and sell for a lower price .. if someone could tell me where its is as i cant find much on google or youtube vids showing replacement of the valve ... any feedback would be great .. thanks
If still thinking about hp regulator replacement, it is mounted on the end of the hp pump opposite the belt drive wheel. See attached diagram.

Attachments

• 2.0jtd Engine components.pdf
    263.2 KB · Views: 13
Back