General Free 1994 Cinq, 900cc ..

Currently reading:
General Free 1994 Cinq, 900cc ..

After

Attachments

• 20190308_131746.jpg
    20190308_131746.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
Brakes reassembled. I did remember how to do them (my other one has rear discs).

Rear bumper removed, mounting brackets still there and roughly intact. Wire brushed and waxoyled.

New rear bumper fitted.

Now to investigate the washer problem and fit the new front bumper (2 birds, one stone)

D

w'hoa!

I feel like I've missed a build-thread somewhere!! :eek:

I have 100 questions- but I'll start with two;

Is that a 'standard' Cinq 1108 engine (was the standard-engine '1108'?) with a 6-speed' box? What 'box did you source for that?

And does the 'Sporting come with rear discs as standard..?

w'hoa!

I feel like I've missed a build-thread somewhere!! :eek:

I have 100 questions- but I'll start with two;

Is that a 'standard' Cinq 1108 engine (was the standard-engine '1108'?) with a 6-speed' box? What 'box did you source for that?

And does the 'Sporting come with rear discs as standard..?

The Sporting does not come standard with rear discs...It is a Cinq 1108 engine...ish.

D

'w o w !'

thanks for that-

I didn't realise you were based 'up here', actually!

I've got as far as page 20; which is September 2009.

Did I see your car at one of the Hopetoun House Italian Car days a few years back..? Are you going this year? 22nd May..

Funny to read contributions from h2ypr- I've just started meeting Ross recently at the Coupe-monthly meetups that have started up...

'w o w !'

thanks for that-

I didn't realise you were based 'up here', actually!

I've got as far as page 20; which is September 2009.

Did I see your car at one of the Hopetoun House Italian Car days a few years back..? Are you going this year? 22nd May..

Funny to read contributions from h2ypr- I've just started meeting Ross recently at the Coupe-monthly meetups that have started up...

The car was never at Hopetoun, but was up at St Andrews once.

Its in storage now as I ran away 5 and a half years ago.

The car never actually made it to the forests, only tarmac and eventually only autotests.

It may come out of hibernation one day but working with competition cars all day long means I am less excited about doing my own in the evenings.

I still have the Manta to rebuild too.

Cheers

D

Oh!

That's not how I expected that story to have ended at all- if indeed it will ever end!

Yes; I can totally see that it wouldn't be so-exotic-a-way to spend your free time after your day job- particularly if it is in remote-storage now.

the 900 must be quite refreshing to work on, in it's simplicity. I would think...?

I'm split between waiting for a 1.1, or going for a 900 myself...

O

the 900 must be quite refreshing to work on, in it's simplicity. I would think...?

I'm split between waiting for a 1.1, or going for a 900 myself...

The 900 is fun because it is so simple and lightweight.

A 900 on Sporting springs and sporting rubber is a great wee thing. I had a Black one for ages as a run around, it loved being thrashed.

D

that's VERY interesting to me-

I'm looking into one, partially to expect it to do motorway 'speeds' for five-hour stints, eight times a year.

Can you remember, from it's last time on the road, what revs you see at motorway speeds?

I've asked this recently of course; and the 900 doesn't have a rev counter- but from what I understand the car develops the full-beans at 5400, but I don't know how far-round-the-revs you need to go to reach '60 mph'...?

I had imagined high speeds to be easier on the 1.1.

Would you say the 900cc had a tougher time, as an engine, at high speeds..?

Back