Technical Fiat500 Parking Sensor Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat500 Parking Sensor Problem

N91K

Hey everyone,

I'm only a few weeks into owning a Fiat500 Lounge, i have the parking sensor option and from the first week i got the car it started to act up. Occasionally the yellow light with an exclamation mark appears, at first i didn't know what it was for and then i got the idea that it was the parking sensor. I tried backing up to see if i was right, and i was. This problem happens every once in a week almost, is there anything i can do to make my sensors back to normal?

It very very rarely rains here, i drove it only once in the rain! But i'll try wiping it and seeing what happens, thanks!

Sometimes its windy/dusty here, ill try now cleaning it and ill get back to you if it works.

I remember someone noticing some time back that the sensors wiring was simply laid loosely across the floor of the boot under the boot lining, maybe try lifting the boot lining and see if you can see the wiring and check it's all intact.

UPDATE:

I've kept my Fiat500 in the garage for almost two weeks, when i later drove the car i noticed that the sensor is back to normal. I'm guessing maybe the car was parked at the dealer for a long time, so when i used it, it needed to be driven to go back to how it used to be!

Thanks all again.

Back