Technical Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Starting Issue

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD Starting Issue

K, so I took some more reading's on the fes with the car started, which was a hell of a lot easier than previously it almost started up straight away, yes it was jumped with another car but still fired up pretty quickly, anyway fuel pressure on tick over was between 294.0 - 305.6 bar and went way over 700 wen reving,, engine off it was 1.8 as before but kept changing to 3.6 and back again? pressure signal was 1.315v desired pressure this time was 300.0 bar??? Big difference from before on that and it was 300 wen engine was too! and fuel pressure regulator 14.76% so its not looking like the hp pump is my guess but I don't really understand this pc stuff lol, HEEEEELLLLP is wat i need....

K, so I took some more reading's on the fes with the car started, which was a hell of a lot easier than previously it almost started up straight away, yes it was jumped with another car but still fired up pretty quickly,

so.. did it run.. or just chuff a few times..??:confused:

IF jumping form another car made it spin a LOT faster.. you've got a power issue in cranking..:eek:

I'd also try warming the plugs several times before cranking.. as it may be as simple as a couple of duff plugs:eek::rolleyes:

Not the plugs done them, yh battery has had a beating but that's only 6 months old n is a 74 a 680 cranking, duracell,, I'd say it's an intermittent problem, coz some times it dnt want to start even with a jump but I've had a couple of days where it just fires up, like wen I put new plug's in it was ok all day and I was thinking maybe that has sorted it even tho I'd had no warning light for plug's but changed them anyway, and the 9 pm I near drained the battery trying to start it, so I don't no Wats going on!

It can take a couple of hundred rpm to make 300bar, if your battery is low you can crank all day it won't start. You need to charge a lead acid for at least 15 hours when you've flattened it to get close to full charge.

Yh I no but as I said even with enough power it can take alot of cranking to start, it's not the battery, so r the figers ok? Does anybody know?

Back