Technical Fiat stilo 1.4 active aircon 6 speed gearbox problem !!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat stilo 1.4 active aircon 6 speed gearbox problem !!!!!

hi guys been member for a while but first post

ive had my stilo 8 months now bought it standard with 11000 miles 55 plate for £4000 rather bargin i thought!added a twin exaust and them 5 spoke fiat aloys looks rather swell i must say !!!!! however it only had 15000 miles on and just before christmas a noise started !!!!! (n) took it to many garages and it the gearbox :cry: anyways needs new gearbox sooo i wernt having that from a 3 year old car with 15000 miles on and 1 month out of warranty soo i am on going a battle with fiat trying to squeeze what ever i can from them surely not accetable and i dont agree with having to pay x amount for it under the circumstances . . . . . any one else had problems like or similar to this ????????:bang:

Attachments

• fiat forum.jpg
    fiat forum.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 88
  • fiat forum 2.jpg
    fiat forum 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 59
  • fiat forum 3.jpg
    fiat forum 3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 57
  • forum 4.jpg
    forum 4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 14122008130.jpg
    14122008130.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 45
Have only had one issue with my gearbox, but it didn't require a replacement. If I remember right, it cost around £150 to put right including labour.

I can understand your annoyance, but given it's out of warranty, I'm not sure what can be done unfortunately :(

For what it's worth though, the car's looking good :)

fiat may pay out a good will gesture, I had one when my car was 2 months out of warranty on low mileage (selespeed pump replacement) and FIAT paid the parts and I paid for labour, just keep bugging them asking for help towards the cost of repair.

fiat may pay out a good will gesture, I had one when my car was 2 months out of warranty on low mileage (selespeed pump replacement) and FIAT paid the parts and I paid for labour, just keep bugging them asking for help towards the cost of repair.

I think with the goodwill gesture, it can vary from dealer to dealer. Some may be more flexible than others so if you're local one declines, it could be worth trying another one (y)

I know for sure that if I catch my dealership on a bad day, they won't give anything away and will sometimes try and take me to the cleaners for something that requires just a simple fix. Other times though, rare as they are, they can be nice and actually do something out of the kindness of their hearts :p

Last edited:
I think with the goodwill gesture, it can vary from dealer to dealer. Some may be more flexible than others so if you're local one declines, it could be worth trying another one (y)

I know for sure that if I catch my dealership on a bad day, they won't give anything away and will sometimes try and take me to the cleaners for something that requires just a simple fix. Other times though, rare as they are, they can be nice and actually do something out of the kindness of their hearts :p

It's got nothing to do with the dealers, it's FIAT UK who pays money to the dealer for the work done if you get any money towards it.

my dealer tried to charge me for something that could be claimed under warranty, but luckily I had the number for FIAT UK on my phone and let the service manager speak to fiat ;)

Back