Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Stilo 1st crank everyday problem

Dionisis13

Hello fellow Fiat Stilo fans,
My family has bought a used Fiat Stilo 1.4i 16V (95Hp) back in the distant 2007, ever since we bought it the car had a specific problem which I haven't seen in any other Stilo has this specific problem. The problem is that when you start the car every morning or after many hours, the car will simply not start with the 1st crank, but in the 2nd will always start. We have asked various car engineers but they haven't found the problem, so we left it as it is. A year ago an engineer cleaned the throttle body because it was very dirty as he said but it didn't change anything to the car. The car has never had damage in the engine and the only time there has been a check engine is only when an ignition coil went bad and we changed it. I think that maybe the injectors need to be cleaned but I don't know if this is the problem because if any injector was dirty then the car would have a dramatic reduce to the horsepower. I don't know what to do. Also I am very afraid that the problem may also be electrical but I haven't ever encountered such a problem. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Please help

Solution
Same here with the 1.2. There is no fuel delivered. I pressed the fuel pressure check valve and no fuel came out (under the red cap on the intake manifold above the timing belt), while it does on my other 1.2 Stilo.
Did you manage to sort out the problem?
Same here with the 1.2. There is no fuel delivered. I pressed the fuel pressure check valve and no fuel came out (under the red cap on the intake manifold above the timing belt), while it does on my other 1.2 Stilo.
Did you manage to sort out the problem?

Solution
Hello fellow Fiat Stilo fans,
My family has bought a used Fiat Stilo 1.4i 16V (95Hp) back in the distant 2007, ever since we bought it the car had a specific problem which I haven't seen in any other Stilo has this specific problem. The problem is that when you start the car every morning or after many hours, the car will simply not start with the 1st crank, but in the 2nd will always start. We have asked various car engineers but they haven't found the problem, so we left it as it is. A year ago an engineer cleaned the throttle body because it was very dirty as he said but it didn't change anything to the car. The car has never had damage in the engine and the only time there has been a check engine is only when an ignition coil went bad and we changed it. I think that maybe the injectors need to be cleaned but I don't know if this is the problem because if any injector was dirty then the car would have a dramatic reduce to the horsepower. I don't know what to do. Also I am very afraid that the problem may also be electrical but I haven't ever encountered such a problem. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Please help
Same problem everyday! Fiat stilo 1.4

Replacing the fuel pump solved the problem for me. I don’t know if the non-return valve itself could have been replaced separately but that was the culprit.

Back