Technical Fiat punto 1.2 8v to 1.2 16v

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat punto 1.2 8v to 1.2 16v

kostadin69

Greetings

I am new member here, so I've got a little trouble.
First of all Excuse me for my bad English!
My engine on my fiat punto 1.2 8v has broke... so I found a 1.2 16v engine + electronics + ECU + Imobilaiser + ring from ignition barrel + the chip key (all electronic instalation is from Lnacia Ypsilon 1.2 16v.)
So I wire everything and put the engine in. Now when I place the key and turn it. the battery light, injection light up on dash board, but the imobilaizer light dont come up + the oil light... I put my old ECU + my old imobilaizer and trying again and the same reults... the code light on dashboard not light up. (I check all ground connection but no results. ) Any ideas what should I do? :( It would be nice if some one is able to help me. :(
and again excuse my bad English I hope you understood what I wrote... :(

by saying injector Light and your DP you've got a Mk1 Punto

As for the Code Light and Oil light not coming on means there is a Missing connection possibly?

and puttng a 16v into a 8v - There is probably going to be problems with the Cars communication system (canbus)

Does the engine even start?

Ziggy

The engine can not start because the immobilaiser does not let the fuel pump to start...

To be sure the 16V has all it needs you will need all of the engine wiring loom and ALL electronics including the instrument panel, body computer and fuse boxes. If the Lancia has canbus you will need most of the car's wiring from the whole car.

To be sure the 16V has all it needs you will need all of the engine wiring loom and ALL electronics including the instrument panel, body computer and fuse boxes. If the Lancia has canbus you will need most of the car's wiring from the whole car.

Well I've got those:
ECU
Immobilaiser
Electronic loom
Ring from the ignition barrel
the chip from the key
is that all?

why I have to change the fuse box? they are not the same does they?

why I have to change the fuse box? they are not the same does they?

the fusebox and ecu have a control unit tied into the immobilizer in the key, without them the car will not start, the insstrument cluster will have to be changed for a compatible version for the engine and ecu, i had a 1.2 8v mk2, when i changed the insturment cluster the speedo, abs warning light, power steering light and the milage was not working.

You need ALL of the electrical equipment and the instruments then you know its 100% compatible.
I do not know if the fuse/relay box in the engine bay has any electronics but it would be wise to include it.

Last edited:
you need the bsi unit which clips on the back of the fuse box in the car
its a big plastic box
without this the car will never run

of course i cant guarantee it will run when you get it because isnt an ipsilion an equivalent of our fiat 500? im sure it is when ever im in italy with its long droopy back lights?

you need the bsi unit which clips on the back of the fuse box in the car
its a big plastic box
without this the car will never run

of course i cant guarantee it will run when you get it because isnt an ipsilion an equivalent of our fiat 500? im sure it is when ever im in italy with its long droopy back lights?
what is this bsi unit? can you explain ? :(

hmm today I put my old wiring loom and put the 1.2 16v ecu + imobilaiser and the imobilaiser light's come up and light out... I have one stupid question. Can I put both wiring loom's in one? :eek:

T%he Lancia has an integrated electrical system, if you only use part of it there will be numerous errors. Take EVERYTHING and swap it to your car.

Back