General Fiat powered race cars

Currently reading:
General Fiat powered race cars

dajelracer

Racing Fiat powered cars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi found the FF today it looks great. I see that the SURT Southampton Uni Racing Team has been on the site. Just to let you all know what we are about. We race 750Formula cars in a slicks and wings formula powered by the FIAT 1108 Fire Engine. ( visit www.750mc.co.uk and follow 750 F links to get more detail. Basically we use the standard engine but are allowed to skim the head, use a vernier cam pulley, lighten the flywheel, change carb (must be single choke), change exhaust, oil system can be changed, water pump must be retained but alternator is not needed.

My car has a cinq sporting leaning over 45deg, 30thou off the head, a vernier pully ( for which I need the standard cam angles to set the timing. ) a reformed baffled sump, remote oil cooler and a carb from a Harley. This drives through a 3 Kg Fiat flywheel and pressure plate but with a suzuki driven plate and a bedford rascal gearbox to a BMC rear axle.

These cars are not slow the best being quicker than a Noble M400 round Cadwell Park.

Enough for now, but if anyone can let me know the cam timing for a stanard cinq sporting cam I would be very grateful.

yours
Paul

Back