Tuning Fiat Sciento head swap

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat Sciento head swap

Hello all, I haven’t posted here before but I thought I’d give it a go. I have a 2001 fiat Sciento sporting in absolutely immaculate condition and I was looking at slightly modifying it. In the garage I have a 1242 8v engine with a 190 degree high lift cam bolted on. Initially I was going to use this engine to supercharge my punto however plans have fallen through. Anyway I wanted to know if the 1242 head would bolt onto the 1.1 mpi block in the Sciento? Not after changing the whole engine just wanted to know if it’s possible or if there would be any power increase. Thankyou

What are the details of the cam? I've never heard of a 190 degree cam, do you mean 290? reground or billet? Send a pic if you don't know.

Give the head a good look over, 290 is quite long so usually goes hand in hand with other head work, porting, valve angles etc. It should definitely have an adjustable pulley on it.

What are the details of the cam? I've never heard of a 190 degree cam, do you mean 290? reground or billet? Send a pic if you don't know.

Give the head a good look over, 290 is quite long so usually goes hand in hand with other head work, porting, valve angles etc. It should definitely have an adjustable pulley on it.
Hello, sorry for the late reply yes it’s a 290 degree I just wrote it wrong. Heads come off a 199 punto gp haven’t heard of people being able to swap them. Just don’t want it to go to waste cheers

Hello, sorry for the late reply yes it’s a 290 degree I just wrote it wrong. Heads come off a 199 punto gp haven’t heard of people being able to swap them. Just don’t want it to go to waste cheers
Not too sure on the newer punto heads, they look like they have a lot of junk on them from the photos online.
Has any other work been done to the head?

Not too sure on the newer punto heads, they look like they have a lot of junk on them from the photos online.
Has any other work been done to the head?
maybe I’ll take a picture later on but the head on my 199 looks pretty much identical. It doesn’t have vvt just a cam position sensor on the rocker cover. Not much has been done other than the cam, valve adjustment and soon to be ported. It’s just more a case of would it bolt onto the block? Then again probably be easier just to swap the whole 1.2 in

Back