Technical Fiat Panda 100hp "Have power steering checked see handbook"

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda 100hp "Have power steering checked see handbook"

Livelee

Hi,

This is a strange one. Last winter we had the "usual" powersteering problem where it would fail and an engine restart cured it. A battery replacement solved it. Recently we're getting this error on the dash. It won't clear and stays on whilst the car is running. The steering is working fine though, it's not heavy like it does when the PAS fails.

Any advice please on where to start looking to resolve it. Colud it just be that there's an error code that needs claring?

Panda is a 58 plate with 87k on the clock.

Thank you.

Video:

This thread covers most common issues

The good news is if the car feels the same turning left and right

There is no vibrating from the steering wheel while the car is stationary

It's unlikely to be serious

The bad news is, reading the code is often misleading, the 100HP column is unique and there are many different causes

Thank you. I've had a look at that thread ince posting. Yes, apart from the warning message on the dash everything appears normal.

We're going to try and get it into a local garage today for a once over.

Any luck in finding a garage

If not

Are you willing to find trouble shoot a bit yourself and get your hands dirty

Is the car used

Daily
Weekly
Monthly

Has it stood for any length of time

Any damp in the car

Do you have a multimeter, a few basic tool

Hi.

Yeah we dropped in and they cleared the code. The message has gone from the dash now.

The car is used 4/5 times a week. It's not been stood and it's not damp. I've tools but I don't think I have a MM. I should get one.

Recent changes to the car are a new headunit....at the moment the canbus is not plugged in (the wheel buttons didnt work on the old (original) headunit so I've not bought the adaptor kit from connects2)...Also....I was going to try and capture it on video but sometimes now after starting the dash "turns off" and back on. If that helps with anything.

Thanks

Back