Technical Fiat panda 1.1 cam belt change (tensioning the cam belt after changing)

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda 1.1 cam belt change (tensioning the cam belt after changing)

You do not need to buy new timing belt pulleys. You do not need to disturb those already on the engine.
I only pointed out which parts of the engine that were different as in the Panda this engine was only used for a year or so

It an early engine with different belt width and teeth profile

Of cause if you are only changing the belt

You only need a belt kit

Or if you want to do the pump as well

Belt kit + pump

Cheers everyone. I got the heat shield off, impact wrench and bolt extractors.
Also got the seized oxygen senor out, in the end I cut the wires and used a deep 22mm socket on the impact wrench, that's the only way it was coming out.
Now I've get the cam cover gasket to do, just ordered one and some sealant. Wish me luck!
Getting closer to it being cam belt time with every MOT job that's done.
Had the sill welded the other day, was cheaper than I could buy the equipment so all good.

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_153555.jpg
    IMG_20230513_153555.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20230512_155711.jpg
    IMG_20230512_155711.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 36
The camshaft front oil seal can leak as mine did, but I didn't realise this till after I changed the cam cover gasket and cam belt. I still had a slight oil leak. To change the the seal you have to remove the cam belt then the camshaft pully. So have a good look to make sure where the leak is coming from before you go about changing the cam cover gasket. As the seal and gasket are not expensive I personally would do them when doing the belt.
You can also get an oil leak from the other end where the coils are, but that's just an o ring seal and you don't have to remove the cam cover to replace it.
If in any doupt just search on this forum for more detailed discriptions on how to undertake these jobs. That's what I did with perfect results. :)

Back