General Fiat Bravo 2014 End Of The Line????

Currently reading:
General Fiat Bravo 2014 End Of The Line????

But nearly every manufacture's top model back then had 40+ bhp more than the top spec Bravo . .

Just look at BHP, and more importantly looks at stats such as MPG, 0-60 times and top speed. On paper (and in practice) my 1.6 Dualogic Bravo was Faster and returned better MPG than the 1.6 Diesel DSG Seat Leon Cupra I had as a courtesy car. Power in the grand scheme of things is meaningless, its how its put down and converts to performance that matters. Fiat have always been good at getting the most out of their engines if nothing else.

bravo has no "fast" version now so I looked at buying a new 1.7t cloverleaf but nope Alfa has stopped them now just a 1.4,
Sold them selves out to the diesel world :(

But it has no version of anything, this has been the case for about 18 months now, they've dropped just to a single, rubbish, version (n)

Can't say I'm surprised really. While I love my Bravo its been a poor seller in a very tough market.

Was it a poor seller in the UK or just all over ? Anyway fiat have never really done well in the medium or large car range for a very long time. The bravo is a nice looking car never the less.

Was it a poor seller in the UK or just all over ? Anyway fiat have never really done well in the medium or large car range for a very long time. The bravo is a nice looking car never the less.

It didn't sell great here, but I reckon it sold more than the Stilo. Probably less than the previous Bravo/Brava though.

I've never seen many at all in Europe when I've travelled there though. Been to France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Sweden & Switzerland and while some markets (Germany & Sweden especially) don't seem to have many Fiats full stop, the other countries had a healthy supply of 500s, Panda's and Punto's, but even less Bravo's than the UK.

The Focus/Golf class is a tough market to crack - the Bravo wasn't good enough to tread on their toes and wasn't advertised enough to steal sales from the similar standard rivals from Renault, Peugeot, Citroen etc.

The Focus/Golf class is a tough market to crack - the Bravo wasn't good enough to tread on their toes and wasn't advertised enough to steal sales from the similar standard rivals from Renault, Peugeot, Citroen etc.

I also think the lack of high capacity engines didn't help. The focus has a 1.6, 2.0 petrol engine. The bravo just needed more naturally aspirated engines to fill the range. Turbo's are all well and good but some people want a powerful non-turbo engine.

Really can't see how that would help?

"Wanna buy this 2.0 Petrol that does 32 mpg with 150 bhp which is relatively untuneable?"

vs

"Wanna buy this 1.4 Petrol that does 35+ mpg, with the same 150 bhp, oh and by the way you can remap it to 180 bhp, or even change turbos as this engine is capable of 200 bhp +"

But they would prefer a 2.0 with the same power as a 1.4?

There's a reason I didn't buy a Ford, other than the price... is the boring engines. There's a reason why they have followed FIAT's T-Jet and VW's TSi with their "ecoboost" engine range.

Small engines with super chargers + turbo chargers is the future. Not N/A gas guzzlers.

All manufactures are dropping large uneconomical engines. They're having to due to EU regs and people buying with the cost of RFL in mind. My 1.6 MJ out performed a lot of other 2.0 diesels in performance all round. Engine CC is meaningless these days tbh due to the way engine tech has advanced.

Maybe that's why the fiat dude said my 1.6 13plate was now the norm and that I wouldn't get a higher engine car as car manufacturers will be going up to 1.6 economy

Just to let you know, Bravo will not be canceled, there is a new model in the works, which will see the light late this year or in the spring of 2015. They are not letting this segment go. Although everything is quiet. Got a confirmation from a old but reliable Fiat representative a month ago at the service.Their charts and info from FCA show the replacement, time schedule of arrival and the segment.

Hope this is right. If not Fiat have no golf equivalent at all and the Punto is without any decent engines (i.e. > 100bhp) now they have dropped multiair from the 5 door range. The only way to get a decent engine at the minute would be to go for an Alfa.

Maybe that's why the fiat dude said my 1.6 13plate was now the norm and that I wouldn't get a higher engine car as car manufacturers will be going up to 1.6 economy

I think you have been told a bit of a fib there Shaun! The only reason you had to get a 1.6 M-Jet was purely down to the fact that's all FIAT were offering in the Bravo.

Alfa Romeo offering the 2.0 M-Jet in the Guilietta, which shares plenty of parts with the similar sized Bravo :)

I think you have been told a bit of a fib there Shaun! The only reason you had to get a 1.6 M-Jet was purely down to the fact that's all FIAT were offering in the Bravo.

Alfa Romeo offering the 2.0 M-Jet in the Guilietta, which shares plenty of parts with the similar sized Bravo :)

Hey you guys say what you got to say lol, I think what I wrote has been read wrong,
Anyhow happy with my car prefer it to my old 1.9 120 hands down.:D

But they would prefer a 2.0 with the same power as a 1.4?

There's a reason I didn't buy a Ford, other than the price... is the boring engines. There's a reason why they have followed FIAT's T-Jet and VW's TSi with their "ecoboost" engine range.

Small engines with super chargers + turbo chargers is the future. Not N/A gas guzzlers.

That doesn't make sense? Your saying a small turbo engine is fun, that's why you didn't buy a Ford but Ford sell small turbo engines?

The 1.6 Eco boost turbo petrol has been around for a while now in 150ps and 182ps (more than the Bravo t-jet) and the 1.0 Eco boost is far superior to the twin air and can be had up-to 140ps (more than a t-jet GP)

I don't understand how you class the engines as boring??

Most people that don't know about cars assume that a smaller turbo engine is not going to be as good as a larger N/A engine that's why more and more are slowly emerging.

That doesn't make sense? Your saying a small turbo engine is fun, that's why you didn't buy a Ford but Ford sell small turbo engines?

The 1.6 Eco boost turbo petrol has been around for a while now in 150ps and 182ps (more than the Bravo t-jet) and the 1.0 Eco boost is far superior to the twin air and can be had up-to 140ps (more than a t-jet GP)

I don't understand how you class the engines as boring??

Most people that don't know about cars assume that a smaller turbo engine is not going to be as good as a larger N/A engine that's why more and more are slowly emerging.

The problem is not with the bravo but with FIAT. The 1.4 T-jet can make up to 170BHP with the multi-air addition. The lesser version makes 140BHP but was released way into the end of the life of the bravo. So its not like FIAT can't make decent TC engines. The 170BHP version is only available on the Giulietta unfortunately, and the 140BHP was axed immediately because it wasn't EURO6 compliant. Makes you wonder why they even bothered with the 140 HP one.

You're also missing a point here. In countries such as mine, engines with large displacement cost an arm and a leg in customs ,taxes, and registration, so having a small TC engine producing similar horse power but even much higher torque is a win-win for us.

Last edited:
Ford arrived later to the small engine party, but not as late as some! Such as Renault/Nissan and Citroen/Peugeot.

The 1.4 t-jet is a good engine, having driven it in a GP, Bravo and a Guiletta. It's certainly better than GM's weak 1.4 Turbo 120 which I spent a week of driving in Tenerife in a Meriva, that has none of the zinginess.

I know in other countries they are taxed massively on engine size, however for the British a lot of people struggle still to beleive that for example a 1.0 3cyl engine is better than a 2.0 N/A engine in a Focus still.

I also think the lack of high capacity engines didn't help. The focus has a 1.6, 2.0 petrol engine. The bravo just needed more naturally aspirated engines to fill the range. Turbo's are all well and good but some people want a powerful non-turbo engine.

then they buy a car from 10 years ago ;)

plenty of 2.2 JTS Alfas and 2.4 Litre Stilos about for a few thousand

116504-fiat%20c%2011.jpg

116503-fiat%20c%201.jpg

Last edited:
Back