Tuning Fiat Bravo 120 T Remap Results

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat Bravo 120 T Remap Results

Oh aswell, just for reference, an angry driver in a Ibiza tried it on and lost miserably down a dual carriageway. My car just pulled away.

It had the FR body kit... so it could of been the Cupra, FR or even just a standard one with a body kit haha.

It could of been either;

1.8 T with 147/ 177 bhp

or

1.9 TDi with 128/ 157 bhp

Standard figures... could of been mapped for all I know.

Ibiza is a bit lighter than the Bravo, but even so I just pulled away and left him hanging - which made him very angry! Tailgated me like a pro.
The love for my car has sometimes been tested highly when being tailgated. I've had to fully resist the urge to slam my brakes on. Makes me so angry.

I'm starting to think these 0-60 times are bogus.

I did 6 runs tonight, with a proper live "computer" hooked up to my ECU. Speed was adjusted to my GPS. As far as I am concerned, this is a much better, true method of getting accurate times.

Again, to make this a fair test, I measured the time from 0-62 mph, or 0-100 kph. It's common to call it 0-60 cause this gives a faster time... but the reality is, you should measure to 62 ;)

Scangauge II measures the speed every 0.2 seconds. So I found it tricky to get 62 mph out of it.

Basically, after 6 runs, my best run was 8.4 seconds at 63 mph.

This car is supposedly running 169 bhp according to the rollers - now considering the 150 T-Jet is apparently at 8.2 to 60 mph.. it kinda makes me wonder.

So, two conclusions;

1. I can't get sufficient power down, I am a rubbish driver, even though I got minimal wheel spin in 1st and no spin in any other gear.

2. People can't take "true" readings and just claim figures based on what they want to see/ hear.

If someone else can get another T-Jet to do a 0-62 in 6.2seconds, a full two seconds faster than mine (as has been said in this thread) I'll be bloody amazed.

Will ask my mate what he used to record his 0-62mph (100kph) time of 6.8. Got a feeling its either OBD or GPS based. Take to mind it's a 200bhp TJet.

Considering you can get even a normal 1.4tjet from 0-60mph around 6.2 seconds (my friend has done it).

Will ask my mate what he used to record his 0-62mph (100kph) time of 6.8.

Which one is it haha? Anyway...

If you feel 30 bhp = 1.6 seconds then fair play to you.

Until I see some serious figures it's meaningless. "my mate said" doesn't count for anything ;)

Which was my original point that NO bravo will ever beat a focus ST.

I'm not talking about traffic light grand prix. I rarely launch my car or even try to due to the undue strain it puts on the clutch etc.

I'm talking about rolling starts - in the real world a test of a car is how long it gets from say 30 to 70 or 40 to 100.

Having said that, I'd be tempted to take it down the 1/4m sometime...

TBH I thought all the new Ibizas were slow (are they not max 1.6 these days)? The Leon however is available with a 260 2.0T.

I'm not talking about traffic light grand prix. I rarely launch my car or even try to due to the undue strain it puts on the clutch etc.

I'm talking about rolling starts - in the real world a test of a car is how long it gets from say 30 to 70 or 40 to 100.

Having said that, I'd be tempted to take it down the 1/4m sometime...

TBH I thought all the new Ibizas were slow (are they not max 1.6 these days)? The Leon however is available with a 260 2.0T.
But traffic light grand prix's are the best, and if you are neck and neck with a Focus ST in, lets say 3rd gear at 30MPH, id be willing to bet a large ammount of money it would eat any Bravo.

im not too sure about the Ibiza but the Seat leon Bocanegra model is phenomonal. similar set up to the T-jet engines. its also a 1.4 with a turbo, but theyre set up brilliant. my brothers work mate has one with the automatic box. when he activtes launch control it is scary as hell. i believe they run incredibly close to 180 BHP. its chasis and suspension is seup very well too. so much grip.

Last edited:
Which one is it haha? Anyway...

If you feel 30 bhp = 1.6 seconds then fair play to you.

Until I see some serious figures it's meaningless. "my mate said" doesn't count for anything ;)

Well the 6.2 sec was hand timing (which is pretty inaccurate) but using an app on his iPhone using the accelerometer and GPS it came to a more accurate 6.8 sec.

And according to this page http://www.auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=7325 and this one http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2009/967490/ford_focus_st.html the Focus ST 0-62mph (0-100kph) time is 6.8 secs. I know I don't have proof of it. But sometime in the future the hard evidence will pop up somewhere on this Forum :D

The 1.4 Tjet weights 1400 kg, measured personally at two different industrial scales. Get your facts straight ;)

Well that's rather wrong. Did they put Ballasts in your car or what? Because either Fiat and the majority of places that have there specs are lying as they state the Kerb Weight as 1275kg (including all fluids and tank at 90%). Feel free to check it in your Bravo Manual. If all places were to go according to this then the Focus ST would not weigh 1317kg but rather 1550kg. Which makes it plausible considering that the Bravo weighing less than the ST wouldn't need as much BHP to keep up with it

Last edited:
Well that's rather wrong. Did they put Ballasts in your car or what? Because either Fiat and the majority of places that have there specs are lying as they state the Kerb Weight as 1275kg (including all fluids and tank at 90%). Feel free to check it in your Bravo Manual. If all places were to go according to this then the Focus ST would not weigh 1317kg but rather 1550kg. Which makes it plausible considering that the Bravo weighing less than the ST wouldn't need as much BHP to keep up with it

Yeah, they must have plotted against me and use the same ballasts as to give me exactly the same result - that makes a lot of sense ;)

You do realize that curb weight figure does not factor the trim level and all the accessories you may have? And mind you I am talking about the 150 bhp Sport version here - it has different suspension, exhaust and seats. All of these add weight. Have you lifted one of them two-tone 17" wheels? Trust me, they are HEAVY. My Skydome alone probably adds 50 kg...

My car weights exactly 1370 kg with no fuel and passengers. Add to that 40 kg for the fuel and it's 1410 kg. Let's say the Skydome is 50 kg, that means the average Sport 150 is not less than 1350 kg.

Looks like you are pretty new to the forum, but I urge you to search for 0-100 threads - there are plenty. A lot of cars here are around the 200 bhp mark and nobody has reported anything less than 7,5 seconds.

I have the G-tech gadget that has much more precise GPS and accelerometer than your cheap iPhone apps, and I don't even get near the 7,5 second mark. My car is currently around 185 bhp.

Even with 200 bhp, the Bravo has TERRIBLE grip due to the light front-end, so even with the stickiest tires and the right suspension, you would never, ever, go below the 7 second mark (and even 7 seconds would be really impressive). So taking on the Focus ST would require a different universe with different laws of physics ;)

Yeah, they must have plotted against me and use the same ballasts as to give me exactly the same result - that makes a lot of sense ;)

You do realize that curb weight figure does not factor the trim level and all the accessories you may have? And mind you I am talking about the 150 bhp Sport version here - it has different suspension, exhaust and seats. All of these add weight. Have you lifted one of them two-tone 17" wheels? Trust me, they are HEAVY. My Skydome alone probably adds 50 kg...

My car weights exactly 1370 kg with no fuel and passengers. Add to that 40 kg for the fuel and it's 1410 kg. Let's say the Skydome is 50 kg, that means the average Sport 150 is not less than 1350 kg.

Looks like you are pretty new to the forum, but I urge you to search for 0-100 threads - there are plenty. A lot of cars here are around the 200 bhp mark and nobody has reported anything less than 7,5 seconds.

I have the G-tech gadget that has much more precise GPS and accelerometer than your cheap iPhone apps, and I don't even get near the 7,5 second mark. My car is currently around 185 bhp.

Even with 200 bhp, the Bravo has TERRIBLE grip due to the light front-end, so even with the stickiest tires and the right suspension, you would never, ever, go below the 7 second mark (and even 7 seconds would be really impressive). So taking on the Focus ST would require a different universe with different laws of physics ;)

Hahaha well now that you mention you have a SkyDome I can account for the extra weight :D although I'm pretty sure having metal pedals or a chrome exhaust tip isn't going to add more than the 10kgs. Sure side skirts could add a bit. But the difference in suspension surely won't add extra weight that's substantial enough to add a few more kgs on the car.

Like I sad before: it's al due to the gearbox. The fact you have to change gears 2 times untill 62/100 ruins a good time.

Fact is, that after 80km/ph the Bravo T-jet 150 (chipped) is a really fast car. After I have changed my drive shafts, I will make a video of my accelerations. My t-jet sport got 185BHP and 300NM.

My t-jet sport got 185BHP and 300NM.

Hmm, another suspect figure.

HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252...

If your max torque comes in at the same time as mine

300nm x 3594rpm ÷ 5252 = 205 bhp

If your max torque comes in at 2874RPM (as had been quoted in this thread by another member)

300nm x 2874 ÷ 5252 = 164 bhp

Now, if your car is like mine, and it gets it's power at the very top end, 5,500 rpm.. which in theory max power should be...

Move the equation; TORQUE = HP x 5252 ÷ RPM

185hp x 5252 ÷ 5500rpm = 238

If your car is dropping from 300mn down to 238 nm by the red line, then you need to seriously look at your engine. 26% drop is vast. In comparison, 3,500 to 5,500 mine drops from 243 down to 216, a 12% drop ;)

Put another way....

Astra VXR 2.0 T (240 bhp) comes in at 320nm of torque. Are you seriously suggesting you are only shy 20 nm off a VXR? That has 55 more bhp? And don't suggest the transmission - they use the same M32 gearbox.

To cut a long story short - your figures aren't possible.

Last edited:
Back