fiat 500s subframe issue

Currently reading:
fiat 500s subframe issue

Well it passed mot with some graft spent the day repairing damaged area. mot man was very pleased, there were no other problems with car. I got chance to get under it and I have to say, its rock solid even the other rear suspension cup looked solid. Will post some pics of repair. the car does not bounce around the road as much now. I was pretty impressed with it underneath. I wonder if it was just a dodgy undercoat in the factory :)

good news.(y)

take it you didn't MOT it on the 1st:rolleyes:

Charlie

Lol :). Booked it in just before Christmas and the only day they could give me was Wednesday morning. Wasn't expecting it to pass tbh, but Tuesday morning had to drive to friends place got back home had a look at and thought it needs doing asap spent all of Tuesday after I got back from friends weldind. Lucky the the weather has been pretty good down here . very pleased with outcome :)

Great result, Hezzer - look forward to some pics.

The rust looked awful as it was.

fiat1_zpsfaea8006.jpg

just patched a few holes :)

roughly shaped some 3mil plate to go over the repair and all the way round the cup and to strengthen the existing support,

fiat2_zps1a34439c.jpg

its a bit messy but its solid now, last thing i wanted to be doing is welding on tuesday :) mot man happy, he had a good look and said it was solid :)

Last edited:
Work of art there, Hezzer!

Wish I could weld.....

its done the job so am very happy with it. The ride is a lot more stiffer. i don't bounce around the road now :). i did not know most ka have the same beam cool will just look for a ka beam. sound simple but i bet its not lol :)

Last edited:
It might be an idea to waxoyl the beam / related parts and also front subframe / control arms. Takes a few mins if you already have the car on a jack / wheels off.
I did mine in the first year and 3 yrs later not a spec of rust and still looks like original black colour too.

It might be an idea to waxoyl the beam / related parts and also front subframe / control arms. Takes a few mins if you already have the car on a jack / wheels off.
I did mine in the first year and 3 yrs later not a spec of rust and still looks like original black colour too.

Yeah started to wax oil the beam and used a bit of stonechip :)

Back