Technical Fiat 500 Sport 2010 - squealing noise

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Sport 2010 - squealing noise

fmurray

Hey there!

I am the proud owner of a 500 Sport - love it and always wanted one.

I have ahd it for about 10 or so months, it has 55000kms on the clock. I have serviced it once and it is due again but....

It makes a godawful squealing noise when idling at cold. When running and warm it is ok but does squeal again when the clutch is engaged.

I do a lot of highway type driving...some stop/start. And he is driven warm not cold.

I have done a bit of searching and I think that it might be a drive belt... It has only started happen ng in the last couple of days.

I have heard that belts needs replacing at 55/60000kms.

Thanks for any help and advise!! :)

Fiona

If it is the belt you might want to change it ASAP as you don't want it to snap on the road. Not a cheap job but cheaper than sorting out issues caused by a broken belt, as well as leaving you stranded somewhere ... Send us a pic of the car too!

Thanks.... I took it to a mechanic and he said that there is a pulley that is worn and therefore the belt is making noise and is loose.

Does that sound right? I am still learning and dont want to get ripped off...

:)

Thanks.... I took it to a mechanic and he said that there is a pulley that is worn and therefore the belt is making noise and is loose.

Does that sound right? I am still learning and dont want to get ripped off...

:)

Best antidote to that is to get a second opinion or use a trusted mechanic who knows Fiats that has been recommended to you.
I suppose once the pulley is changed, assuming its correct, you might as well do the timing belt as well.

Back