General Fiat 500/Panda steering wheel

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500/Panda steering wheel

Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone has fitted a 500 sport steering wheel and air bag to a fiat panda 100hp?

Sam

While not impossible the 500 airbag is multi stage, the Panda is only single stage. If you do fit the 500 airbag in a panda you'll need to research which port on the rear of the 500 airbag is the main / full stage deployment.

I would have said ask Demi as he fitted an abarth steering wheel from the 500 to the 100hp and from what he said it was plug and play bar the multi function controls

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
On this subject, would a standard 1.2 Panda wheel fit a 1.4 100HP OK?

eg:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Pand...Car+Make:Fiat|Model:Panda&hash=item1e8d526f2d

My 100HP one is looking tired and the multi function controls don't work anyway, since I have an aftermarket stereo - is this 1.2 wheel roughly the same diameter and fitment?
I've not tried it, but I see no good reason why it shouldn't work. If the 500 wheel fits and the only issue is the two-stage air bag, I don't see why a wheel from a different version of the Panda wouldn't fit. (and you wouldn't have the air bag problem).

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers Matt, yep makes sense and for £30 worth a punt, can always resell if it's not right.

Cheers Matt, yep makes sense and for £30 worth a punt, can always resell if it's not right.
Exactly, if I needed a new wheel I'm not sure I'd bother trying to hunt down a 100HP one, or pay through the nose for a new 100HP wheel from Fiat.

For 30 quid, it's definitely worth a try. The plastic of the standard Panda wheel is probably harder wearing than the cheap leather of the 100HP wheel, too.

Sorry for resurrecting this old conversation, was it defined if you can put a old steering wheel onto the 100HP?

Can you transfer the airbag?
If you wanted to could you transfer the switches?

I’ve not done this job but have a 100HP and a 1.2. I’m sure the steering wheels could be swapped. Regards single stage and two stage airbags, just swap the 100HP airbag into the 500 steering wheel.
You could also consider having the 100HP wheel re trimmed. Or even try a DIY using the old leather as a pattern (what do you have to lose?Avoid clear coated leather as that’s the stuff which peels off.

I've done it. You'll need the wheel and airbag. Early 500s had a single stage airbag so it works the same as the standard Panda bag. I fitted a 595 wheel with standard airbag. The Abarth airbag logo seems to command a premuim.

I have an aftermarket headunit and made my own loom up which plugs in and then the headunit maps out the buttons. Otherwise I don't think the 500 steering wheel buttons will talk to the standard headunit

Back