Technical fan not working

Currently reading:
Technical fan not working

MickeyBravo

Daily Drive 5dr 1.8 Focus
ive been reading up and this seemed to be my problem:
https://www.fiatforum.com/coupe/216452-interior-fan-not-working.html

BUT when my fan is set to off 0 it still blows air which feels like its on no.1.
it works at def max too as it blows hard like youd expect.just wont switch off or work on no1-4.

Ive replaced the green 30amp fuse in the engine bay as it had melted inside so wired up a new one which got this part working.

any1 any ideas? do i need a new switch board or that grey thing/resistor?

The fan speed dial is cleanable if you take off the centre console. They gunk up. Try first as its free to do and solves half of the problems. You'll soon get to know that the ventilation system on coupes is complicated, moreso if you have aircon.

Whilst console off you can do other jobs too! Like paint or wrap it. Plus worthwhile cleaning the tiny fan and sensor that regulate the cabin temp. It will be full of fluff so your auto setting will not work.

Good luck.

well the centre console was hanging off when i got it anyway as the previous owner had tried to get the motor woking ? :/
It turns fine so i dont see how the dial becoming dirty will stop it working?

where is the tiny fan and sensor then? and that aswell,when on auto nothing works. But it is on lightly when switched to off or 0.

well the centre console was hanging off when i got it anyway as the previous owner had tried to get the motor woking ? :/
It turns fine so i dont see how the dial becoming dirty will stop it working?

where is the tiny fan and sensor then? and that aswell,when on auto nothing works. But it is on lightly when switched to off or 0.

Yes, you're right. It can't be the switch.

SORTED
smile.gif
stripped the entire dash today even took out the control pad,to which i came across a white plug with red/green/black wires hanging lose.I then thought to clip it into the back of the switch cos there was a spare white conector ,as i unclipped the others but not 1 off the middle and hey presto it worked
smile.gif

It seemed the previous owner had already tried to sort it and left it out. I think his fault though was the green fuse blowing/melting under the bonnet.

Back