Technical egr valve

Currently reading:
Technical egr valve

Does the 2.0 165 sport have a egr?

My bravo sometimes idles quite rough when sitting at lights and i think that something is maybe clogged up.
Would this be the egr or is there other things i need to check?

Probably the DPF regenerating. EGR problems are usually limited power at low revs coz its stuck open, then normal power at over 2000 revs, when the EGR should be open anyway.

Doubt its the DPF.

OP when it does it is the cooling fan running at full pelt also? If not defo not DPF regen.

Indications to an Active DPF Regeneration - Part 2 - YouTube

Ill try and see if i can notice the fan kicking in.

I do little journeys during the week maybe 4 miles a day. Depending what i do at the weekend it may not get used or do another couple mile runs. Could this be the issue?
I have read you should run diesels properly at least once a week is this true?

At the time of purchase i was driving all the time and diesel was a better choice.

I have just done a 700mile trip in the car over the weekend. There was only a moment of madness when in 4th and getting to 2500 revs and there was a slight judder. But after 5mins of giving the car a blast it was ok

At the time of purchase i was driving all the time and diesel was a better choice.

I have just done a 700mile trip in the car over the weekend. There was only a moment of madness when in 4th and getting to 2500 revs and there was a slight judder. But after 5mins of giving the car a blast it was ok

Mine has been juddering in 4th for about a month now when just ticking over at about 30ish, but I give it a good run now and then to clear everything out and it still happens. A fiat dealership has got it this week to try and find out what could be wrong with it amongst other problems I've been having. I'll let you know if they find anything regarding this.

Mine has been juddering in 4th for about a month now when just ticking over at about 30ish, but I give it a good run now and then to clear everything out and it still happens. A fiat dealership has got it this week to try and find out what could be wrong with it amongst other problems I've been having. I'll let you know if they find anything regarding this.

Mines been having similar issues like that. let me know what they says.

cheers

HaHa funny when you take your car to the garage with at least 4 faults what keep occouring and they come back to say they cant find a single fault with it!!! So sorry the garage said no fault just the car.

4th gear is too high at 30mph in the 2.0 Multijet, this is why it judders, mine does. The car needs at least a few hundred more revs. Try 3rd, sitting at 17/18 hundred revs doesn't mean the car is less fuel efficient or anything like that just means it'll trundle along happier.

Last edited:
4th gear is too high at 30mph in the 2.0 Multijet, this is why it judders, mine does. The car needs at least a few hundred more revs. Try 3rd, sitting at 17/18 hundred revs doesn't mean the car is less fuel efficient or anything like that just means it'll trundle along happier.

I find that in mine too, although its not too bad at 30mph in 4th, any lower and its down to 3rd though. My mum swears blind that low revs=less fuel no matter how many times I tell her that its also down to engine load so it would be using more fuel because it has to work harder at low revs to gain speed.:bang:

I have started to do this, i have used posh diesel this time on fill up to see if this will help. Putting into 3rd whilst doing 30mph definitely helps.

Yesterday or the day before i was driving had 4th at about 4k rev and it just felt like no power. When it has done this i usually keep it red lining to blast all the crap out. (i know people will disagree with this next part lets just say i was on a race track) but in 4th i was doing about 90mph at 4k revs felt like it would go any faster, in 5th it got to about 100mph and 6th it stayed at 100mph.
After about 2-3 hours i tried the same thing and when it was in 4th it didnt seem to struggle.

Do you think i should get some injector/dpf/cat cleaner ?

IMy mum swears blind that low revs=less fuel no matter how many times I tell her that its also down to engine load so it would be using more fuel because it has to work harder at low revs to gain speed.:bang:

You're right - going into too high a gear too soon labours the engine and can increase fuel consumption.

Some smaller engines are ok, I had a 1.6 petrol Fiesta Zetec S going back 4 years or so and it would happily sit in 5th gear at 30mph and accelerate 30-60+ fine in 5th. All cars are different I guess.

Back