Technical Ducato 2007 X250 passenger window regulator problem fixed

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2007 X250 passenger window regulator problem fixed

gm6vxb

Had a problem with the passenger window on my 2007 X250 Ducato. Would wind up with either switch but would not wind down. Checked plug/sockets and worked for a few days then failed again.
So got a second hand window regulator of FleaBay which said 2006 onward. Before I went to the hastle of fitting it, tryed it onto the regulator wiring but found it did nothing except for the motor getting VERY hot. I suspect the regulator was from a newer van which is not compatable with the older units.
Took the socket off the regulator and found the circuit looked like 'Image 3'.
Took the old socket off the original regulator and found the board as in 'Image 2'.
Very different !. A few quick and dirty checks on the old board and I suspect the relay had failed. Not easy to replace without doing damage., so looked for an alternative as we were going away next week.

Found this item on Fleabay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181256324507 which although saying it was for a Renault might do the job. Had a quick word with the vendor and he was pretty sure it should work on a Ducato with 'maybe' some wiring differences.
So orderd two (just in case I blew one up) and today they arrived. To cut a long story short, fitted and now have a passenger window that goes up and down. I have solid wired (soldered) wiring but you could use crimp connectors instead.

Have wiring colours for the mod if anyone needs (and Fiat colours correspond), but to be honest it is an easy job if you are happy with wiring.

IMG-2.jpg
IMG-3.jpg

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back