Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.8 won't start

Pop98

Hello there I live on Merseyside and have a sick 2004 2.8 Ducato motorhome any recommendations for a local mobile diagnostic/mechanic to come along and diagnose/repair.
There appears to be no fuel getting to the filter which I replaced after the vehicle wouldn't start.
any help much appreciated
fault codes p1671 and p0215 show up on odbc scanner

Does sound like you need a good auto electrician.
I assume you are not a hands on mechanic yourself? If so I would suggest locating the fuel pump relay and put a fused test probe to the pump side and see if fuel then gets to the filter, if activating the pump in the tank doesn't get fuel up then the pump in the tank needs checking.
If fuel does come up then either the relay is faulty or the operating wires to it.
I had similar to that on a Fiat Grande Punto some years ago and the negative switching wire to the relay had rotted through just by the ECU, but wires can fail anywhere.;)

I agree about using the servces of an auto electrician. A 2004 2.8 Ducato, will be an x244 2.8jtd model. The attached drawing of the engine bay fusebox, will be generally applicable for identifying the fuel pump relay.
You will not need the ignition ON, for testing the fuel pump, as suggested by Mike. Please note that if you switch the ignition ON with the relay removed, the ECU wlll raise an alarm. Also take care around the main supply terminal, as it is supplied via a 150A mega fuse, on the battery fuseboard.

Attachments

• Fusebox B001 Engine Bay.pdf
    191.2 KB · Views: 12
Just home from work ..
Off tomorrow many thanks for your reply I shall act upon it in the morning

It's been 3 months now and everybody who comes and plugs it into a tablet or laptop via the odb port is left scratching there head then goes away assuring me they will be back after doing some more research and there never seen again.
My problem is it's in my yard at the rear of my house and without engine power it would be almost impossible to get it out .( Barely enough room to manoeuvre under its own power and not enough room for a tow vehicle).
Any recommendations as to where I may find a competent mobile auto electrician/mechanic would be much appreciated.

Any help greatly appreciated Man thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_150957.jpg
    IMG_20240503_150957.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4
Back