Technical Dualogic gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic gearbox

FWIW I have a dualogic Idea and I have only once had to top up the selespeed reservoir. The car is 11 years old on 63k miles. Getting to the reservoir to check the level involves taking the foil splashguard off which is fairly easy.

I recently changed the gearbox oil and put new Tutela in and the gearbox is better.

On only two occasions in the 8 years I have had the car have I had a problem where on starting the car (after reversing it into its space) the car has refused to come out of reverse gear. All I did was disconnect the battery and the gearbox reset itself and all was well. Sometimes disconnecting a battery fixes things - bit like rebooting a PC! I once had a Smart cabrio and its roof got completely confused - disconnected the battery and the roof and its motors reset straight away.

Hi tigershoot,

Thanks for that info, however on the Qubo duologic gearbox, all the parts including the reservoir are well hidden under the battery and its tray, I am yet to strip it down to see how to check the level.

It doesn't appear to be an easy thing to do........

Let you know when I get the chance / time / opportunity to tackle it

Ken

This happened on the roundabout near Elk Mill in Royton, Oldham. Just as we were ready to set off at the roundabout lights the red warning light came on and the gearbox read N no matter which position we put it in. It was difficult to push off the road. The AA diagnosed the fault and reset it. Okay, the car drove again. ... A few days ago I said to my partner "lets drive to the same very spot the car cut out ..." and frightingly the same thing happened in the same spot. Luckily we coasted to the Toby Inn round the corner, turned the engine off, restarted the car and it ran okay. But to us this is far too dangerous. The car is gone MJ62 DYA. Upsetting. We really loved that little engine.

I had a similar issue with problems happening either at traffic lights on the ring road or on my drive. I was beginning to think there were underground wires frying things as I was going over specific patches of road, but thinking about it with hindsight the rear wiring harness needed replacing for some time (common symptom is boot doesn't unlock when central locking is open) and I have a hunch it was related to the wiring leading to the brake lights also starting to go - hence problems coming up when the brake was depressed.

Back