Technical door not draining until opened

Currently reading:
Technical door not draining until opened

My Bravo -09 does the same. Since i live in Western-Norway, this is a big problem due to all the rain and the cold weather. U here it can be rain in the morning, and snow in the evening during winter, spring and fall. I am afraid of what could happen if the water in the door freezes. I took my car to the local Fiat-dealership in my town, and they have never heard of this problem. They contacted Fiat Norway but they haven't heard about this problem either.

It seems that the door seal is blocking the drainage holes when the door is closed. The Fiat dealership don't know what they are going to do with it.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem? I have had a lot of problem with my Bravo, and I am considering switching to a another make.

Last edited:
Such as out of interest :confused:

First: English is not my first language, so I apologize for the slightly weird sentence structure and language :rolleyes:

Because of all the problems. The milage is just 40.000 km, and I have had more problems with it than any other car I've had:

- Fog lights melted after 20.000 km (standard bulbs from the factory).
- The remote key suddenly died after 3 years. (costs >€500 for a new)
- The balljoint and the control arm was broken at the vehicle inspection, and did not pass. The shop that did the inspection told me they have never disapproved a newer car with that low milage before.
- It sometimes suddenly loses turbo pressure when I'm driving uphill.
- And now - the water in the doors.

Fiat is known for it lack of quality in Norway, but I was told that those days were over. I thought it would be cool to have a car that no one else has, but now I must admit that I somehow regret it.

The positive thing is the MPG! It is fabulous - 4,0 L/10 km! And the 1,6 TJ actually kicks back quite good. :D

The window seals have probably shrunk leaving a small gap at the ends so water is geting in in quantity. If the seals extend across the width of the glass the problem is less. The drain is not at the very front of the door so some collection will occur, I always noticed the doors would drain for longer than expected after washing the car and when teh doo was opened. There are I think 3 or 4 drain holes. If there is a bit of debris in the base of the door more water will collect. Try cleaning the drain holes with a cocktail .stick Our Seat is noow 23 and all the window seals have gone which caused a similar thing made worse by VW;s door card seals having failed as well.

From memory the entire door channel can drop allowing water in at the top of the door. I think I had to remove the door car and readjust this on mine around its 2 year mark. If left unadjusted the window doesnt shut 100%

The window seals have probably shrunk leaving a small gap at the ends so water is geting in in quantity. If the seals extend across the width of the glass the problem is less. The drain is not at the very front of the door so some collection will occur, I always noticed the doors would drain for longer than expected after washing the car and when teh doo was opened. There are I think 3 or 4 drain holes. If there is a bit of debris in the base of the door more water will collect. Try cleaning the drain holes with a cocktail .stick Our Seat is noow 23 and all the window seals have gone which caused a similar thing made worse by VW;s door card seals having failed as well.

From memory the entire door channel can drop allowing water in at the top of the door. I think I had to remove the door car and readjust this on mine around its 2 year mark. If left unadjusted the window doesnt shut 100%
I recently mount front speakers and I think I have left the ‘gap’ I did not mount the door panel perfectly! So I think that this is the problem. I will look in to it tomorrow and try to repair them ! Thanks for your quick reply

Back