Technical door not draining until opened

Currently reading:
Technical door not draining until opened

just recently i noticed that my drivers door is holding water and will only drain once the door is opened, the drains on the door seem fine but i cant work out where the water is supposed to flow after that to check whats blocked.

i have a sport with sideskirts on

anyone got any ideas/experiences with this?

This has happened a few times to me too on the same car.
Opened the door and had a gush of water. Usually only happens when I park facing forward/up on my drive which is at about 30% angle, not sure if that has anything to do with it? Does it happen all the time after a decent downpour?

This has happened a few times to me too on the same car.
Opened the door and had a gush of water. Usually only happens when I park facing forward/up on my drive which is at about 30% angle, not sure if that has anything to do with it? Does it happen all the time after a decent downpour?
our drive is a slight incline, it's always facing nose down the slope and the rain has to blow onto that side of the car to happen.

The door drainage is working as the inside of the car isnt getting wet, however i cant work out whats stopping it from emptying when closed. the passenger side doesnt do it.

Is it a question of the driver's door not draining or the passenger side not taking on water ? could it be that there is a hole of some description in the driver's door that allows the wet stuff in ?

I have the exact same problem, only that my Bravo is black. Right passenger door since it is left hand drive. I did not take it for servicing since I know what the problem is and I just open the door after I come home after raining to let the water let out. I wanted to post the issue on the forum, along with the video, but I thought I was the only one, so I was thinking people will mock me. And I did not. I can post the video though :) since I am not the only one. I did ask at the local Fiat garage what the problem was, and they told me that the door does not drain all the water due to the window seal, so the water drains down the inner PVC part of the door. They would have to dismantle the whole doors. I do not have not the time nor the money at this time for a minor glitch like this.

cheers guys, at least I'm not alone!

Carloff, the rear doors have a polythene liner to make sure water that drains into the door doesn't come into the cabin. that part of the front door is working, as no cabin leaks.

I thought the door might be closing too hard on the lower rubber causing the drains to seal. I might get the hose out tomorrow and see what happens!

I would advise taking the door card off and then poring some water on the closed window from outside to see where the water's coming from and where it fills up. if water's gathering anywhere near electrical wiring or the speakers then it's definitely a problem.

I'd love to know what the fault is here, I'm seriously thinking of changing my Evo for the same car as yours.

I had never had problem with electricity in this car concerning water from the door. I did drive in to really high water after heavy heavy rain and I drove over like 30cm of water for a few meters perhaps even deeper, at the time the car did not want to turn off and was running even if I took the key out of the keylock. It was fine after a couple of hours and it is fine now after more than a year.

Back