General DOBLO Maxi 1.6 Multijet - idle at startup

Currently reading:
General DOBLO Maxi 1.6 Multijet - idle at startup

Nope, I use carsoft diagnostic tool. On live data the accelerator position shows change when I press on it but the vehicle doesn’t react until it moves past the rough idle.
Does the live data show common rail fuel pressure at that point?
Does the live data show oil pressure at that point?
Just to eliminate them.:)

Does the live data show common rail fuel pressure at that point?
Does the live data show oil pressure at that point?
Just to eliminate them.:)
Yes the live data shows the fuel rail pressure and what the pressure demand is. At start up the demand is 25000kpa which the pressure sensor matches. Once the rough idle finishes the demand asks for 32000kpa which again the sensor matches with the idle rpm increased to normal. There is no oil pressure live data only the pressure switch which states low then ok after a couple seconds in conjunction with the oil pressure light on the dashboard.

Yes the live data shows the fuel rail pressure and what the pressure demand is. At start up the demand is 25000kpa which the pressure sensor matches. Once the rough idle finishes the demand asks for 32000kpa which again the sensor matches with the idle rpm increased to normal. There is no oil pressure live data only the pressure switch which states low then ok after a couple seconds in conjunction with the oil pressure light on the dashboard.
Fuel seems about right and matching demand/revs.
Do you have any more suspicions re the oil pressure side, I don't know anything concrete regarding that, but if whether real or due to a suspect sensor if low oil pressure it may be a reason for the ECU to prevent any load on the engine.
I don't know if it is possible to get a physical oil pressure gauge measurement to compare.
Maybe another Forum Member has knowledge on this?
Or if cheap and easy to replace try a new oil pressure sensor.
In general terms is the engine "older higher mileage" as in oil gets dirty very quick?
Not everyone agrees , but I am a fan of using Wynns engine flush on any vehicle I buy to clean out any old gunk then fit new oil and filter and do the same at subsequent oil changes.
I suppose if it has done a few miles the oil strainer in sump could be partially blocked resulting in the oil pump struggling to suck up oil from cold.

Last edited:
Fuel seems about right and matching demand/revs.
Do you have any more suspicions re the oil pressure side, I don't know anything concrete regarding that, but if whether real or due to a suspect sensor if low oil pressure it may be a reason for the ECU to prevent any load on the engine.
I don't know if it is possible to get a physical oil pressure gauge measurement to compare.
Maybe another Forum Member has knowledge on this?
Or if cheap and easy to replace try a new oil pressure sensor.
In general terms is the engine "older higher mileage" as in oil gets dirty very quick?
Not everyone agrees , but I am a fan of using Wynns engine flush on any vehicle I buy to clean out any old gunk then fit new oil and filter and do the same at subsequent oil changes.
I suppose if it has done a few miles the oil strainer in sump could be partially blocked resulting in the oil pump struggling to suck up oil from cold.
The rough idle seems to happen regardless of the oil pressure light illuminating or not. The van has done 94k miles I purchased at 84k without this problem. Had a full service including belt and water pump in November at 90k miles. The issue was happening before the service and still the same after the service. It had the DPF removed and flushed when I purchased the vehicle aswell.
I have just been playing around with the obd scanner. Usually I just go into check obd and read fault codes which says 0 codes found. However I just went into the in-depth diagnostic section and all control modules are showing the same fault P0200 injector low current. 🤔

The rough idle seems to happen regardless of the oil pressure light illuminating or not. The van has done 94k miles I purchased at 84k without this problem. Had a full service including belt and water pump in November at 90k miles. The issue was happening before the service and still the same after the service. It had the DPF removed and flushed when I purchased the vehicle aswell.
I have just been playing around with the obd scanner. Usually I just go into check obd and read fault codes which says 0 codes found. However I just went into the in-depth diagnostic section and all control modules are showing the same fault P0200 injector low current. 🤔
Not a code I have come across, so possibly a wiring issue , poor connection/corrosion etc. Though strange how it goes away when warm.
Mine is around 106k miles and has had other issues , but not what you are experiencing.
Any more thoughts on the oil pressure side?

Tbh the code is there all the time, I can’t even clear it. I might try swap the oil pressure switch however when I just got in the van there was no oil pressure warning but the rough idle still happened for like 30 seconds and then finally kicked in and a puff of white smoke came out the back.

Tbh the code is there all the time, I can’t even clear it. I might try swap the oil pressure switch however when I just got in the van there was no oil pressure warning but the rough idle still happened for like 30 seconds and then finally kicked in and a puff of white smoke came out the back.
White smoke/unburnt fuel and slow/uneven on starting tends to point to heater plugs and low compression, not firing on all four cylinders straight away but I assume that has already been ruled out.

Yes i have replaced all 4 plugs and tested voltage ok. Starts fine like no long or slow cranking beforehand. Literally turn key and starts but sounds like as you said not firing on all 4.

Yes i have replaced all 4 plugs and tested voltage ok. Starts fine like no long or slow cranking beforehand. Literally turn key and starts but sounds like as you said not firing on all 4.
It's the puff of white smoke that bothers me, if it smells of unburnt fuel and you have ruled out the heater plugs.
Does it use oil a bit, like worn piston/rings?
If so a compression test is one direction, trouble is not a five minute job on a diesel.

Oil hasnt dropped at all since its service in November. I honestly don't know at this point. I was debating removing the injectors and getting them tested as I saw another post similar to this problem and they found 1 injector to be faulty.

Oil hasnt dropped at all since its service in November. I honestly don't know at this point. I was debating removing the injectors and getting them tested as I saw another post similar to this problem and they found 1 injector to be faulty.
If you are pulling the injectors anyway, it may be worth testing compressions.
My thoughts generally on injectors is most problems are black smoke and too much fuel as they wear, also unlikely to only be on starting.
I don't claim to know everything though and at 70 probably forgetting most of it.;)

haha thanks for you help, Yeah i'll do a compression test aswell then when i pull the injectors. Just need to find time to do it considering i use it for work 😅

Back