Technical Doblo 1.4 idle issue

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.4 idle issue

Karlw1981

Hi All, new to the group. We have recently purchased a 2007 Doblo 1.4 petrol to convert to a micro camper. Needed a few bit doing so got to work on general service, can belt change etc. Also removed the throttle body and gave it a good clean as full of oil and gunge.
Started first time perfectly and sounds nice however it won’t idle properly. Sits at around 1000 then drops to 500, almost stalls picks up to 1200, then repeats.
No codes from OBD
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Karl Ward

Attachments

• IMG_2579.mov
    29 MB
Hi All, new to the group. We have recently purchased a 2007 Doblo 1.4 petrol to convert to a micro camper. Needed a few bit doing so got to work on general service, can belt change etc. Also removed the throttle body and gave it a good clean as full of oil and gunge.
Started first time perfectly and sounds nice however it won’t idle properly. Sits at around 1000 then drops to 500, almost stalls picks up to 1200, then repeats.
No codes from OBD
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Karl Ward

Hi 🙂
Look in the punto 2b section

Sure there is a GUIDE in there

Your motor is probably identical 😉

Can i ask is the car feeling "lumpy " as well with vibrations you can feel through the seat/floor-pan almost like a miss-fire?
Not atall. The car drives perfectly and sounds sweet.
It will stall at a junction when you stop, but starts easily again?

Ok reason i asked is with similar symptoms on my 500 it was a faulty fuel injector and was thinking yours might be the same thing!
Any history or service info to suggest when the spark plugs were last changed as if these are old or worn symptoms can be similar maybe worth a check!

Ok reason i asked is with similar symptoms on my 500 it was a faulty fuel injector and was thinking yours might be the same thing!
Any history or service info to suggest when the spark plugs were last changed as if these are old or worn symptoms can be similar maybe worth a check!
Did the service myself just before the issue came up. Done the cambelt and water pump,
Removed the throttle body and cleaned, cleaned the MAF sensor, changed the thermostat and then the issue started.

Check you have plugged all the electrical connectors back in correctly and none of the connector pins bent.

It is possible to damage the throttle body internal electrical components by incorrect cleaning process .

Check you have plugged all the electrical connectors back in correctly and none of the connector pins bent.

It is possible to damage the throttle body internal electrical components by incorrect cleaning process .
Have checked and double checked. Cleaned all with contact cleaner and re assembled carefully. Even re-checked the timing belt install and timing was spot on.
I’ve dropped it into a friends tuning company to see if he can see anything on his fancy computer kit 😆😆. I read on here another guy had the same issue with the 1.2 variant but no solution was ever posted.

Back