Technical Doblo 263 Belt Tensioner/Guide Pulley Torx Size

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 263 Belt Tensioner/Guide Pulley Torx Size

WMD42

I'm working on a 63 plate Doblo 263 1.3 multijet that has a failed belt tensioner pulley. Does anyone know the size of the Torx bit required to undo the bolts for the tensioner and the guide pulley above it.

Also, is it possible just to change the failed pulley on the tensioner and is the hex bolt left-hand threaded?

Thanks

PXL_20231016_163723967.jpg

Hi,
Do not try and just change the pulley wheel on the tensioner , even more so if you attempt to do so without removing the tensioner complete from engine. It just is not worth it.

I don't know the size of the torx bit. Often a smaller torx bit feels right but it's actually the next size larger.

MOST IMPORTANTLY -replace that aux belt it's about to fail which will shead strands into the timing chain case destroying the engine.

Best wishes
Jack

Thanks Jack. I will be replacing the belt along with the tensioner and guide pulley.
Having removed both parts I can confirm that the guide pulley and tensioner bolts are both Tx50.

The hex bolt on the tensioner is right hand thread, but it's a special locking bolt that has a slightly triangular shaft and is also covered in blue thread locking compound. When I removed it lots of ground up bits of aluminium came out too. As you said, not worth trying to change it.

Back