Technical Dimmension of Ducato hubnut?

Currently reading:
Technical Dimmension of Ducato hubnut?

Reidar

This weekend i plan to change the left front upright. The shock absorber is leaking.
Will I have too take the driveshaft out of the hub to achieve this?
If I have to, what are the dimmension of the hubnut?

I have done similar things on my Peugeot 106Rallye and other small hatchbacks before. Is this pretty much the same or is there major differences I should be aware of?

Hi mate
I have just done mine all you need to take off is the leg itself,but as mikey said check the top bearing,i personally replaced mine as you can't really tell how worn it is,as for the hub nut for future referance the one i got with my c/v joint was 41mm but the one on the moter was 50mm still worked ok they must be cutting costs,the bearrings were £13.50.Good luck.

Thanks guys!

I replaced the leg last night. I was too lacy too secure the driveshaft with wicegrips and straps as I normally do with the Peugeot 106 and off course I pulled the shaft too far out and lost about half a litre of gear oil:mad:

The new leg was a second hand one from a low milage car and came complete with topmounts that seemed fine.

the nut on my c/v is also 50mm but the c/v i bought was only 41mm same c/v just a differant nut size.

The hub nut on my leftside driveshaft is 49/50 mm. The nut on my rightside driveshaft is 40 mm!

I have the Automatic gearbox.

Out of curiosity...does anyone know why they are different sizes?

Back