Technical Couple of questions about the 500S

Currently reading:
Technical Couple of questions about the 500S

xchar

Hi, I picked up my 500S last week but I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, on my previous 11 reg 500 lounge I'm sure the fuel filler flap/cover wouldn't open when the car was locked but on my new car it opens even when the car is locked. I know it doesn't really make any difference as you have to put the key to open the fuel cap but I'm sure it locked before.

Secondly, on the lounge the air intake from outside was on the left (as in the quick guide book with new car) but on the S the outside air was on the right. Just wondered if it has been switched or has been printed wrongly on the new car as I can't work it out!

Picture link: tinypic.com/r/6719if/5

Thanks for your help :)

Firstly, on my previous 11 reg 500 lounge I'm sure the fuel filler flap/cover wouldn't open when the car was locked but on my new car it opens even when the car is locked. I know it doesn't really make any difference as you have to put the key to open the fuel cap but I'm sure it locked before.

Definitely not.

Secondly, on the lounge the air intake from outside was on the left (as in the quick guide book with new car) but on the S the outside air was on the right. Just wondered if it has been switched or has been printed wrongly on the new car as I can't work it out!

Picture link: tinypic.com/r/6719if/5

Thanks for your help :)

You're right - I just changed to a new one and it is different on mine too. I hadn't "clicked" that it was until I saw your post!

Last edited:
Definitely not.

OK thanks

You're right - I just changed to a new one and it is different on mine too. I hadn't "clicked" that it was until I saw your post!

Not sure if it is right though as I used it last night and put it on the 'outside' air and it sounded like it kind of covered something as if it was recirculating the internal air (plus the windows starting misting up), if that makes sense? :confused:

Back