General Couple of niggles.

Currently reading:
General Couple of niggles.

Ashley1

Hi guys!
I have a 1.9 120 (called Frank haha) and I have a couple of niggles with it, hence the title.

1. I can't seem to find a way to end a call with the steering wheel controls, which sounds silly but really does my head in!

2. When I'm on an uneven road, the wheels are so clunky (best description) and that does get really annoying quite quick!

3. No matter how small the speed bump, the front scrapes

If anyone has any ideas, about any of the above please let me know :)

Also, this is a massive novice question but, I'm wanting to check the condition of the Cam Belt as the car has very little history, just wondered where it was haha and what it should look like :)

Thanks for all the help!

1. Keep hold of the answer button until it cuts off (I think).

Hi guys!
I have a 1.9 120 (called Frank haha) and I have a couple of niggles with it, hence the title.

1. I can't seem to find a way to end a call with the steering wheel controls, which sounds silly but really does my head in!

2. When I'm on an uneven road, the wheels are so clunky (best description) and that does get really annoying quite quick!

3. No matter how small the speed bump, the front scrapes

If anyone has any ideas, about any of the above please let me know :)

Also, this is a massive novice question but, I'm wanting to check the condition of the Cam Belt as the car has very little history, just wondered where it was haha and what it should look like :)

Thanks for all the help!

Hi Mate, Glad to see someone with the same Bravo as me the 120.

Alright the niggles you have mentioned:

1) Not sure about that...

2) Ive noticed that too I think it may be that the shock absorbers need changing. Including Springs. Im looking to change mines its kinda annoying and sometimes feels like the whole car is rattling just going on uneven roads.

3) I don't know if its just my bravo but Its very low towards the ground well the front part is, I think that it could be that the front under tray scrapes or front splitter onto the bumps. Refer to answer 2.

As for the cam belt. Its normally on the left side of the engine it should be covered with a plastic protection you can unscrew those to take a look of the condition of the belt, but if it hasn't been changed don't risk it & get it changed asap.

Hi Mate, Glad to see someone with the same Bravo as me the 120.

Alright the niggles you have mentioned:

1) Not sure about that...

2) Ive noticed that too I think it may be that the shock absorbers need changing. Including Springs. Im looking to change mines its kinda annoying and sometimes feels like the whole car is rattling just going on uneven roads.

3) I don't know if its just my bravo but Its very low towards the ground well the front part is, I think that it could be that the front under tray scrapes or front splitter onto the bumps. Refer to answer 2.

As for the cam belt. Its normally on the left side of the engine it should be covered with a plastic protection you can unscrew those to take a look of the condition of the belt, but if it hasn't been changed don't risk it & get it changed asap.

Thanks, yeah sounds like we all have the same niggles, definitely less worrying that they're not just specific to me!

Thanks for that, I'll have a look and maybe even post a pic for people to tell me the condition as I haven't the foggiest!

End call is holding the answer button

Rough roads could be anything, what alloys do you have

Scraping is the plastic undertray. It's just to stop crap getting into engine bay or damaging sump. It's plastic it doesn't hurt when it scrapes. Just don't hit any speed bumps at high speed. Mines been scraping for a year with no issues

Can belt can't be visually checked. Not really. If you have no service history and your car is passed service age or mileage then just get it replaced. Water pump and tensioners too. You do not want the repair cost if it was to snap. It would be uneconomical to repair it in fairness and it would probably be a write off

Back