photo-1_1_.jpg

Panda (Classic) Classic Panda Bianca, Full Restoration.

Introduction

Today we began a full resto on "Apple" our 1987 Bianca model...:D

Found a paint sprayer with a yard big enough for us to strip out the car to a shell which is what we did..and 7 hours later Heike and me stripped every nut, grommet and bolt off the car.

We will get the engine out tomorrow so the bay can be re-sprayed (thanks for that Vern!..;)) and then clean and replace bits on that once out.

We have lots of new stuff to put on like bumpers, grille and wheel trims which will also get sprayed white.

The underneath will also be done as well as the inside...so should be complete and perfect..:D...(y)

The major surprise was just how fantastic the condition of the car was...:eek:..even the front valance and the inside of the front and rear wheel arches which everything removed showed no signs or rust!!

New suspension, brake parts etc etc...will be dug out the cellar and fitted..if needed or not....so there we are....pictures of the resto will follow as time goes by and all being well it should be done in about two weeks. Then off the the trimmers to have new twin sunnys fitted.

Now the car will not be worth the money which is going to be spent on it, but, It is a car we intend to keep forever and is the model which I originally had in the eighties... Wish us luck...:)

Now this car
Re: Full restoration begins...

On all four wheels!!

Build doors and fit them tomorrow. Having the screen fitted tomorrow by a proper glass fitting company rather than me break it...£36..not bad I thought.

Brakes bled in the afternoon.

That leaves the bonnet....front bumper....number plates.

Then a drive to Hailsham to have the sunroofs fitted on Thursday and Friday.

Brooklands on Saturday???....:rolleyes:

Well.......it will be all finished tomorrow..:D

Jobs to do..

1) bleed brakes

2 ) fit door mirrors and window seals.

3 ) fit number plates and window screen wiper.

Then it's of to the trimmers to have the sunroofs fitted.

But then again is it ever finished???.....there are things I'm not 100% happy with so I guess it will become a rolling restoration and an ongoing project...:rolleyes:

Second to last set off pics will be up soon...cheers Trev..(y)

Then the last set will be taken in a nice place on a sunny day to round the thread off....if it ever stops raining!

Never again will I take on any car restoration..it's been knackering. I'm not even sure how I feel about it..I have no feeling of elation. No doubt it will come at some point.

So that's it.... THE END...:)

It's never the end Kev ;)

Look forward to seeing it on Saturday. If you don't feel elated I'm sure you'll feel proud when you experience the praise from all those who see it. (y)

Last edited:
Back