Citroen service nightmare!

Currently reading:
Citroen service nightmare!

HornetUK

Established member
My Picasso came back from service today with 3 two inch dents in the back of the radiator! :(

They are in a line on the right of centre when looking down into the engine bay. This appears to be inline with a part coverd in oil...looks like the gearbox plug? Could I be right in thinking the mechanic (!!!) has used a key/wrench to undo this plug and with each turn smacked the back of my radiator?

The car is going back tomorrow for the service manager to look at. Will this leak or are rads strong?

Can't believe I paid £300 for this service!!!

At the end of the day I have no proof so expecting to be told load of rubbish tomorrow!

Cheers

New radiator agreed after one look by service manager. Said Technician (!!) had removed oil filter and smashed it into radiator! Fins all bent up!

Lets hope the same guy doesn't fit the new one next week!!

New radiator agreed after one look by service manager. Said Technician (!!) had removed oil filter and smashed it into radiator! Fins all bent up!

Thats a result and fair play by the Citroen Dealer IMO. (y)

the technician was proberly a level 2 on day release to college (like me!!) thats 50quid his wages are short!! he'll soon learn to look where his hands are!!

why should tech pay, all humans make mistakes, up to employer to cover costs or are management not human..........dont answer that one! ;)
hmm, fair point they do!! and its main dealer so he wont!! im finding that im supermarket seinior management are ok but the assistand duty managers are the p***** cause theyre all trying to be manager of the month!!

There was a time when if tech f*cked up he reported it to manager and aplogised...mistakes happen end of story but thesedays it all about money money money & tech often scared to say anything as in extreme cases means losing job.

New rad fitted all looks OK.

I signed paper work for 'Check Rad' asked they said just a term! Do you reckon this has gone through on warranty!!? Car 3 years old on Sunday!

Also I have been given no paper work for this work. Should I have something to say new radiator fitted?

Any advice gratefully received
Thanks

New rad fitted all looks OK.

I signed paper work for 'Check Rad' asked they said just a term! Do you reckon this has gone through on warranty!!? Car 3 years old on Sunday!

Also I have been given no paper work for this work. Should I have something to say new radiator fitted?

Any advice gratefully received
Thanks

Unlikely that it will have gone through warranty, the manufacturers want the stuff back to check.

The paperwork isn't yours, so to speak, an internal invoice would be raised to the appropriate code for rectification.

Cheers

SPD

Back