Citroen C3 VTR

Currently reading:
Citroen C3 VTR

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
I've been given a Citroen C3 VTR for the next few days while my punto has the back bumper fixed (for the third time by the incompetent garage)

I've always had a soft spot for Citroens (except the Saxo)I used to love the old Zsara with its dash board made from vinyl covered cardboard, and the big wallowy C5 with the electronic air suspension, I have always found them to be extremely comfortable and this little C3 is no exception.

its a 1.4 diesel with electric windows air con computer cruise control etc etc and a panoramic windscreen which takes some getting used to.

all in all i quite like it but i have only just picked it up and later i have a 100 miles drive to work and back which will be the real test

I've always had a soft spot for Citroens...

I think Citroen are currently going through something of a resurgence.... Never been a major fan, myself (although I love the quirkiness that's often associated with them...). Coincidentally, there's a very positive review of the new DS5 in this weekend's Observer.... :)

Well I've had it a couple of days and to be 100% honest I quite like it.

The 1.4 HDI engine a smooth and quiet. The fuel economy is very good (about 67.5mpg) at the moment. It's really comfortable especially on the long runs to work, the controls are intuitive. There are just a couple af bad points. The glove box is just that if you can get more than a pair of gloves in it you're doing well and those smooth and quiet that 1.4 diesel can be a bit gutless.

If I had to choose I think I would go for the 1.6HDI Citroen DS3 which I think will hold its value better and have more power for over taking tractors on Norfolk roads.

Will post some pictures of its quirks when I'm not on my iPad I would recommend it though

When my GP went into Autoworld for something doing to it then lent me a C3 VTR+ 1.4 petrol.

Worst thing I've ever driven, no power, steered like a shopping trolley and just generally crap. :(

Dom

I don't know why Citroen put the vtr badge on everything these days it used to be for the warm hatches....if not as nutter as a vts now its most often seen on diesel people carriers.

I looked at a c2 vts a few years ago....hope they've fixed the steering gearbox and brakes since then...it was the only performance car I've ever driven that got all the basics totally wrong but oddly drove just like my dads old 307

Back