saxo: engine management light on after changing injectors

Currently reading:
saxo: engine management light on after changing injectors

mcjacko1987

Proof it cn be done cheep
now i know iv wrote an essay but i wanted to give as much info as poss.

ok i had a misfire problem (no management light on)so took a look at injectors and had one blocked.
bought 4 second hand ones off saxperience with rail. changed them onto my car and at 1st they only did a slight burst then nothing. so left it and tried again the next day, again another quick burst then nothing. tried my old injectors and rail (with the 1 blocked injector) they fired nothing, like the new(2nd hand ones). changed back to the 2nd hand ones again and left em in. next day tried again only this time the engine management light had come on and all 4 where firing how i think they should be. was testing the injectors in a bucket so i could see they where firing. i had no coil pack connected during the tests or spark plugs in the block along with no air intake on the car. but when all 4 injectors started to fire i put all car back together.
tried it with the engine back together and engine management light still on and also the misfire but sounds a lil different (at the time of the tests before i put car back together i had de-cat pipe on but put the cat back on before the test with engine built back up). obv the exhaust note is different due to the cat now on instead of de-cat but the engine itself has a deep kinda tone to it now. still shaking like the original misfire problem but just sounds different and as mentioned the management light is on. the revs now build up slower than it did before original misfire with the 1 blocked injector. now i know these injectors work as iv seen them spraying into the bucket.
the battery has been playing up also threw the whole process but iv had that charged up and no different. (although when all 4 injectors decided to fire that time the battery was low as could hear the car struggle).

sparkplugs are all firing also.
new lambda sensor.
tried a friends coil pack.

any help pleeeeaaaseeee guys will be much appreciated (y)
cars been off road now for 3 months and its really stressing me out now :(

Last edited:
Back