Technical car wont drop below 1000rpm on start up

Currently reading:
Technical car wont drop below 1000rpm on start up

dynamicsportchris

My car has started to annoy me :(
I have a 1.4 16v dynamic sport (starjet).
Sometimes when i start the car the revs wont drop below 1000rpm and it doesnt matter how long i drive it still sits at just over 1000rpm when stationary!
It doesnt do this all the time but it is becoming more frequent.
Any ideas?

My MultiAir does the same. It's the equivalent of having the choke out. Helps get the engine up to operating temp.

Then the revs drop to 800rpm...ish when the engine temp gauge hits 1/3+.

yes i know its normal when the car is cold but mine will do this even if its been running all day! I can do a 100mile motorway blast, stop for a few minutes with the engine off and then the revs wont drop below 1000rpm when i start it again! I have to turn the engine off and back on for the revs to drop to 800ish as normal.
It also did it when the temperature was 28 degrees outside and the engine was at its normal operating temperature.

i will go out and do a throttle relearn at some point.
I did use a can of 10k power boost (engine de-coke) which helped the acceleration a little but didnt cure this problem

Hi, Change potentiometer located at top of accelerator pedal. To check if this is the fault - follow the cable from the potentiometer - it wanders under the dash to the passenger foot well. There you will find a multiplug connector - disconnect - and the engine should return to its normal tickover

Back