General Difficulty starting

Currently reading:
General Difficulty starting

stej96

Bit of a weird one...well at least for me. Over the past 2 weeks this has happened to me three times. Go to start the car and nothing, except this morning it did light up the dash and start clicking. When this happens, I go to my battery remove the Negative...hear a little hiss, put it back on and then the car will start up.

Any ideas? Don't want to waste money on a new battery, starter motor, alternator etc if anyone's had the same issue before.

I've had a look around and couldn't find the issue anywhere.

Bit of a weird one...well at least for me. Over the past 2 weeks this has happened to me three times. Go to start the car and nothing, except this morning it did light up the dash and start clicking. When this happens, I go to my battery remove the Negative...hear a little hiss, put it back on and then the car will start up.

Any ideas? Don't want to waste money on a new battery, starter motor, alternator etc if anyone's had the same issue before.

I've had a look around and couldn't find the issue anywhere.
Not just resistance at dirty battery terminal? Clean both parts to shiny metal, smear with vaseline, retighten and see if fixed.:)

It sounds like a dead battery but check the earth from battery - to chassis toi engine are in good sound clean condition. Clicking is classic dead battery.
I agree especially with the hissing noise, I have come across that before with old batteries, it was just OP saying about removing and refitting battery terminal.:)

Back