General Car mat clips for Panda

Currently reading:
General Car mat clips for Panda

Professor Peach

As per the thread title, the front mats in my wife's Panda (2006 / 1.2 petrol) have started to really slip around and occasionally the driver's side one finds itself under the pedals. Not good!

Had a look on ebay / Amazon etc and there's loads of choice but very confusing as to what will actually fit properly.

Looking for a genuine straightforward recommendation of something that will fit and do the job if anyone has one? Genuine Fiat mats with two oval shaped fitting holes per mat.

Many thanks

I am still using some little corkscrew mat holders I got from Renault. Maybe they still do these. They are very effective, It was 20 years back though.

Panda has dedicated mat pegs in the carpets but the mats have no sockets. I suppose that's being a bit Italian as we say.

Panda has dedicated mat pegs in the carpets but the mats have no sockets. I suppose that's being a bit Italian as we say.
Heh - maybe we have each other's mats:) My mats have sockets but no pegs in the carpets to attach to!

That said, the mats don't slide around at all - they have a textured underside that grips to the carpet pretty well.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 21
Cheers, I’ll have a look for some of the self-tapping types.

The ones I had from Renault are literally cork screws They are steel and screw through the mat into the under carpet. I have tried the plastic ones and these work well too but they do make a hole in the carpet that shows on removal will try and post a picture later.

Thanks for the further replies, much appreciated!

The mats we have are the same as in the photo above posted by rmjbn1; they used to stay out but over the years seem to have lost their grip. Maybe I’ll try some self adhesive rug gripper stuff rather than screw into the carpet.

Thought I'd just wrap up this thread with an update.

After getting totally bamboozled looking at all the various options on ebay I took a punt on some self tapping clips that are meant for Audi / VW Skoda etc. However, they have an oval shaped fitment that happens to fit the holes in the Panda mats perfectly.

Took literally seconds to fit. Used a bradawl to puncture the carpet then simply screwed the self tapping plastic screw in. Then you just turn the top cap through 90 degrees and bingo, all done!

Thanks again for the input on this thread.

Back