Technical Can I swap a front wheel with the rear wheel?

Currently reading:
Technical Can I swap a front wheel with the rear wheel?

Helloo Bean

I Love Lamp
Hi all,

I had to replace one front tyre the other day, I now have 3 Avons (good tyres) and one suntek (poor tyre).

I would like to put the poor tyre on the back, as I feel good tyres would be more beneficial on the front.

Would you agree? If so, would it be ok to just swap the front wheel with the poor tyre on, with one the rear wheels and a good tyre?

Thanks FF,

Ben

Hi all,

I had to replace one front tyre the other day, I now have 3 Avons (good tyres) and one suntek (poor tyre).

I would like to put the poor tyre on the back, as I feel good tyres would be more beneficial on the front.

Would you agree? If so, would it be ok to just swap the front wheel with the poor tyre on, with one the rear wheels and a good tyre?

Thanks FF,

Ben

well the 'argument' is that you should have the best on the rear. as you have no control over the rear wheels and a rear wheel slide is more dangerous/difficult ot control

I'd always put the best tyres on the front as the front does up to 85% of the braking and the punto will normally understeer so your not likley to loose the back end.

OK thanks guys, so its 1-1 lol. So aside from the fact good tyre could be better on the rear or the front, is it ok to just move the wheel?

Back