General Can air-con be fitted afterwards?

Currently reading:
General Can air-con be fitted afterwards?

Just phoned the dealer and changed my order to the solid roof pop and air con, am pleased I did.

The Lounge we test drove was really hot when we got in it – I think from the glass roof, though it did cool down very quickly ) even without the air con on). I did feel a bit claustraphobic, in fact I really didn't enjoy the test drive, yet I'm still buying one!

When we sat in a pop at the dealers somehow it felt more spacious without the glass roof.

I couldn't understand that at the time, but I've just been reading on another thread that there's actually more head height without the glass, so perhaps that explains it (mind you it did have ivory interior which made it all feel lighter and I much prefered it.)

. my wife has a 207 cc with air con what the f**k does a convertible need air con for

Because if you are driving on a motorway you can't have the roof down at 70mph as too windy, but you may still be warm and therefore need aircon.

Regarding the height issue - my hubbie is 6ft1 and has no problem with the glass roof in the lounge. He is nowhere near it. He has longer legs than body though, perhaps that is the key?

I find the lounge is lovely with the glass roof as it is very light and airy and it helps having the ivory ambience and the white dash panel which keeps it all very light. I love cars with glass roofs as on a dim day it's nice to have some light in.

Last edited:
Because if you are driving on a motorway you can't have the roof down at 70mph as too windy, but you may still be warm and therefore need aircon.

Regarding the height issue - my hubbie is 6ft1 and has no problem with the glass roof in the lounge. He is nowhere near it. He has longer legs than body though, perhaps that is the key?

I find the lounge is lovely with the glass roof as it is very light and airy and it helps having the ivory ambience and the white dash panel which keeps it all very light. I love cars with glass roofs as on a dim day it's nice to have some light in.
It could also be warm but raining or raining and the windscreen is fogged up, there are so many reasons for having aircon and none really for not having it

:yeahthat:

Or it could just be a baking hot day and you don't want to get cooked by the sun all the time. Having lots of options is best.

Now I'm worried again:)

Although come to think of it I did when I took it for a test drive, as the dealer did the usual thing of driving first (why do they always do that??)
Just sat in the passenger seat when I went to order my Lounge at lunch today. Close but not even feeling like I'm lacking in headroom.

Maybe I slouch ??? :)

They drive the car first? They've not even ever come out with us!
Yep, they drive half a mile down the road and then it's your turn. Know quite a few that do it.

The Honda dealer down here used to throw you the keys. (He did it with a Civic Type R they had back in '03, saying bring it back before we close). I did bring it back and then promptly bought it :)

Lol I bet you did. It feels better when your not being babysat and having to make small talk. We got accompanied when test driving the new fiesta and they made my fella sit in the back! And when I tested the MX5 I had to leave him at the showroom as there was only 2 seats :D

When I test drove mine the dealer just gave me the keys and told me to enjoy the ride. As soon as I got back I ordered one, it was lovely being able to drive it without feeling like I was on my driving test again! :)

Yes - exactly – in fact I told the guy I felt like I was on my driving test, weird how it just makes you feel all tense.

I got fed up with the air con constantly packing up on my last 2 cars (even making sure i was using it as often as i could in winter so as not to let it stand) And because you have it you feel obliged to keep going back and shelling out cash to get it sorted - this time i didn't bother and to be quite honest i havent missed it (2 summers now).
We all moan about the rubbish summers we're having - then at the first sign of a bit of sun we all shut up the car and turn on the air con:eek:
open your windows and enjoy the nice weather.:D

I also really hate the word 'Lounge'!!!!

The car doesn't actually have 'Lounge' written on it any where?;)

I should mention the car does have lounge on it but only on a sticker which you can only see on the lower B pillar when the door is open.

Back