General Can air-con be fitted afterwards?

Currently reading:
General Can air-con be fitted afterwards?

306maxi, I would go for the sport but it doesn't have the brown leather with ivory ambiance – one of my most important criteria! Sad I know...
Fair enough. If it were me I'd have just insisted they do it with brown leather and ivory ambience before you ordered. Now that you've ordered there's no real incentive for them to budge.

i use the air con all the time i don't know where some of you guy's live but up here in yorkshire it does get hot all i can think is you like to be sweaty:yuck: why don't you want the lounge? i'm sure you'r dealer would very happily swap some wheel's from a pop for free or if not someone on here would !! the lounge has every thing you want but only a few bit's you don't the pop has wheels you want and everything else is extra, the lounge has other usefull bit's like a boot light a nice leather steering wheel (pop one is nasty imho), rear head rests, full chrome kit, vanity mirror light's,colour coded mirrors the list goes on but what i'm trying to say is there is more to the lounge spec than just wheel's and air con and come re-sale in a year the lounge will be a far better and easyer thing to sell as people don't realy ever look for a bottom of the range 2nd hand car, even a specced up one.

I think the only solid reason to get the Sport, and then spec it up probably, is to do without the glass roof. I wouldn't want this and so I'd need to go the Sport route. And although I love the ivory leather I think the black wheel might be easier to live with long term.

Other than that it's swings and roundabouts.

Scrub what I said about the Sport, I don't like it. I want my car to have a really retro look. I'm deciding between either electric sunroof or plain roof with no glass. Whether I go for it or not depends on the height restriction.

I understand that everyone thinks the Lounge is better in case I need to sell it on but I think the Pop is better value, even with the bits added it comes out cheaper than if I specced the Lounge to my liking.

I also really hate the word 'Lounge'!!!!

I actually really like the plain pop steering wheel in ivory- it seemed to me more retro looking than the leather one when I saw the Pop verision in the showroom So maybe I'll leave out the Blue and me. Or will I.

Good job the Ye ye geen is no longer available or I'd be unable to decide between that or Cha cha cha azure.

My head hurts!

BTW - someone had pics of a cha cha blue with the brown leather and electric sunroof – i cant find them anymore - anyone know what happened to them?

Last edited:
i have never had my 500 mist up and my 107 which all ways misted up the air con made it worse because it was crap . I deal with air con every day as i work on porsches it works fine on big cars but is useless on small cars it's just not powerful enough . my wife has a 207 cc with air con what the f**k does a convertible need air con for

Scrub what I said about the Sport. I want my car to have a really retro look. I'm deciding either electric sunroof or plain roof with no glass. Whether I go for it or not depends on the height restriction.

I understand that everyone thinks the Lounge is better in case I need to sell it on but I think the Pop is better value, even with the bits added it comes out cheaper than if I specced the Lounge to my liking.

I actually really like the plain pop steering wheel in ivory- it seemed to me more retro looking than the leather one when I saw the Pop verision in the showroom So maybe I'll leave out the Blue and me. Or will I.

Good job the Ye ye geen is no longer available or I'd be unable to decide between that or Cha cha cha azure.

My head hurts!

BTW - someone had pics of a cha cha blue with the brown leather and electric sunroof – i cant find them anymore - anyone know what happened to them?

Last edited:
Tbh I'm 5'10" and in the passenger seat I'm just brushing the blind with my hair.

I'm 6'1" and have no problems either side with a fixed glass roof, I guess I'm long of leg and short in the body! I've never sat in one with the electric roof.

the lounge has other usefull bit's like ... vanity mirror light's

I assume this comes with the glass roof as my Sport has one on the passenger side...

I think I've decided - Pop with the plain roof as it comes.

My husband came with me on the test drive last weekend – it was a Lounge and he was okay headroom wise, but he just told me he did notice there was less head room than in my cinquecento, though we weren't specifically looking at the headroom at the time – I just took it for granted it'd be okay on all models including electric sunroof. We saw the electric sunroof from the outside (didn't look all that great really, but i like the practicality of it), but we didn't sit in the car.

Last edited:
Scrub what I said about the Sport. I want my car to have a really retro look. I'm not deciding either electric sunroof or plain roof with no glass. Whether I go for it or not depends on the height restriction.

My head hurts!

One way to get your post count up I suppose but I assume that you are having a problem.

Do you have you any idea why you are multi posting?

<edit> Looks like you have got it sorted. (y)

Last edited:
For what it's worth i test drove a lounge on Saturday and didn't notice the roof or lack of head room at all, and I'm 6' 5". When i go back in to order I'm going to check!!

So – I now have:

Pop 1.2
Cha cha cha azure
Chrome kit
tan and ivory leather seats
Air con
Blue & Me

Comes in at 10,300, which will be 8,300 with the 2 grand scrappage. Sound okay?

I know you said no to the Sport above but I'd just like to point out that a Sport can be had with red leather and all of the above for 10,850. For the extra £550 you get alloy wheels and foglights which will look good when you come to sell it and the spoiler is not so massive that it'll take away from the retro look. You mention you want it to be retro, well I'd just like to point out that in all my times seeing old 500's most of them have had red vinyl in them as my fathers 500f has. See below for a picture of what I mean about red vinyl.

IMG_0700.JPG

And for your reference a pic of the red leather in the current 500.

DSC_5721.JPG

Try the passenger seat :)

Now I'm worried again:)

Although come to think of it I did when I took it for a test drive, as the dealer did the usual thing of driving first (why do they always do that??)

306maxi

Thanks for the pics, the red leather does look lovely. I saw someone put some pics up though (of cha cha and red leather seats ) and it looked pretty good, but the tan has the edge for me.

If only they did the Ye Ye green body I'd be having that with red leather seats.

For me the ivory ambience is a must – I dont want the car at all without it! The sport only havs the black.

Someone mentioned persuading the dealer to do the ivory/tan leather in the sport but the spoiler totally ruins the look of the car for me.

In fact last night I walked right past a brand new Sport without even noticing it was a 500, it just didn't look right.

stu0710 – I don't think it actually says 'Lounge' anywhere on it – blimey that'd be a total deal breaker!!!

Back